“Outstanding service and value”

Lamplighter Inn & Suites South
Ranked #41 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Arlington, Texas
“Outstanding service and value”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during our recent visit to Springfield. The staff was very friendly, always smiling and willing to assist. The room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel is conveniently located with easy access to all local attractions and shopping. While we were in a room close to the street, and yes, street repairs were being done at night with a jack hammer and all, we never heard a sound. The complimentary breakfast offered more then most with scrambled eggs, hash browns, and sausage included. The on site restaurant was the perfect compliment to this stay. We will stay at this hotel on every visit to Springfield.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry T, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Vernon,

We appreciate your wonderful review of our property. We are always glad to get positive feedback from our patrons. We will welcome you with a smile the next time you stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
St. Louis
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Having a son in school here we have stayed in several hotels in the springfield area, this one is close to MSU, we have stayed here 5 or 6 times. The staff has always been very friendly, we have never had any problems with unclean rooms, & the one time the tv didnt work they came in to fix it right away. yes, there is a strip club next door BUT to my suprise there has never been any problems with noise or groups of people outside. maybe a little parking issue if you check in late (11pm ish).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our property. We here at the Lamplighter are very proud of our property, and are glad that we are able to provide outstanding service at an affordable price. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My sister and I regularly stay in hotels in Springfield, and I wouldn't go back to this one. We've stayed in cheaper hotels with better rooms and better service. A number of things in our room were unplugged when we got there or just didn't work at all (lights, the TV, the microwave and coffee pot). When we called the front desk to ask about the TV, the person who answered was very rude, making up reasons why our TV was just not ever going to work right rather than sending maintenance to look at it, just trying to get us off of the phone so she didn't have to deal with it. When she finally did send the maintenance guy (who was very nice), he was able to fix it right away. Other problems: The shower barely worked and flooded the bathroom floor. We could hear every noise outside - doors closing, people talking. We had a non-smoking room but it was right next to an outdoor exit to a smoking area, so it still reeked of smoke. There was hair and dirt in my bed when I pulled the covers back. It just wasn't a pleasant experience. The Ziggy's restaurant connected to the hotel is very good though. And their breakfast was also good - eggs, bacon and sausage, pastries, yogurt, juice, coffee. A lot of places don't have all of those things. BTW, because I see it in other reviews, the strip club isn't really much of a problem. It isn't loud, and there aren't people hanging around outside of it. It never felt unsafe to have it nearby.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jerry T, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the review of our property. I have personally looked into the issues you stated that you encountered. I have addressed them with the entire staff and have taken steps to prevent these issues in the future. As for the positives, we are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast here, and that we were able to correct some of the issues. Thank you again for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

Travelers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Playa Samara, Costa Rica
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is a great place to stay. The beds are comfortable. And it is equipped with everything you need. It is clean and has a restuarant right there. If you've never eaten at a Ziggy's, you really need to try it. It is close to everything. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jerry T, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Ruth Anne,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our property. We appreciate guests helping spread the word regarding our property. We really look forward to seeing you in the future.
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We had a softball tournament n someone booked our rooms. When I got inside it was dirty n very low class looking. Plus a stipe club next door really looks good for children. Rooms looked old n carpets were awful. All I could think was how clean r the sheets! I hated to even lay down but everything was booked had to stay. I'm sure you get plenty of business from the strip club so that's says enough. Your price is cheap and you get what you pay for. YUK!

• Stayed July 2012
Mtn Home Ar
Reviewed April 1, 2013

the hotel lobby is always pleasant to come into and very clean; I do wish they had automatic doors for when your arms are full.

the room was very nice and comfortable; the only thing the light in the bathroom over the sink did not work but everything was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Jerry T, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Valued Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a wonderful review. We appreciate your business and look forward to hosting your next stay.
MO
Reviewed March 24, 2013

For the past 20 years several of us stayed here once a year during the Ozark Bowling Tournament and had a pleasant stay. However our visit this year was not very welcome by the Hotel Manager. But, the rest of the staff was very friendly and welcoming. I was in the process of checking in with the front desk clerk when the hotel manager came up to the clerk and made a rude comment to her and myself. I was taken back by his comment. I tried to answer back but the manager stuck his nose in air like I didn't matter to him and walked off. To me a hotel manager needs to set an example and welcome his customers and not make them feel unwanted as he did. As for now if the same hotel manager is working here we will take our teams somewhere else. I hate to have one person ruin a good thing but I want somewhere that welcomes my business and not my money as the manager so pointed out by his actions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Jerry T, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear MFBF,

Thank you for your review. I am the General Manager, and I recall the comment I had made to my desk clerk. It was a training issue that I was reminding her of and I if I offended you I do apologize. That was not my intention. As you may recall, there was a line of 20 to 30 people behind you. I was reminding her, when guests check in and have "special requests" that were not made at the time the reservation was booked, but at the time of check-in, we need to ask those guests to step aside, so that we can better serve the guests who are in line. As I recall she had spent about 10 minutes searching for a room to assign to you that was not requested at the time of booking. We do appreciate your business and hope to see you in the future.