“Miracles happen God works in mysterious ways”

Lamplighter Inn & Suites South
Ranked #41 of 52 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My daughter and I have been staying at the Lamplighter Inn and Suites South since July 11,2012. We came here while waiting for our home to be available. We were having great financial difficulty and we were going thru a very difficult time in our lives due to the death of my husband and the whole relocating process to springfield, missouri from Eagle Rock, Missouri where we had lived for many years. We survived day to day never knowing from one day to the next how we were going to pay for our room here at Lamplighter.With the assistance of many different churches and the awesome staff here going above and beyond what was required or expected of them we are down to only 4 days to get thru before our big move into our home. I want to tell each and everyone of you guys on staff here...Tiffany,Ryan,Jessie,Audry,Allison,Chaunde and the amazing housekeeping team that kept our room clean and always made sure we had everything we needed. I never approached th front desk at any time day or night that I wasnt met with complete respect and kindness. Many mornings at check out time i had no way or money to pay the room yet the front desk would allow me extra time to try and come up with it and by the grace of God we always managed to. God bless each and everyone here for your compassion and kindness you have shown us. You will never know just how much it means to us. I completely recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: All room are great here!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Chelsea S

Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

This is an older hotel but it is right off of I44 and an excellent value. Great swimming pool for the kids. Free breakfast was great. There are many restaurants close by..shoneys, cracker barrel. The only thing is that our room was labeled as a non smoking room but it smelled like smoke. My suggestion to the hotel would be to replace the carpet.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I was so disappointed! I booked my room based on the reviews I read, but they are way off. Our room has such a strong mildew smell it nearly knocked me over. The desk chair was stained and had cigarette burns. There was mildew on the window sills and the walls were paper thin. Not only was there noise from the other rooms, but the traffic noise was horrible! In my book this hotel is a miserable fail! Just wish the ratings I read had been more accurate.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BeachTurf
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I only stayed here 'cause I happened to get a coupon out of one of those travel books you see at the state rest area crossing into Missouri. Didn't know anything about the place, and was pleasantly surprised. Large, clean, and comfortable rooms. The price was reasonable (especially with that coupon). I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gideon_Krasmanic
Shanin W, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Gideon_Krasmanic
Thank you so much for you review! I am glad that you stayed with us. Its nice to hear when we do a good job! We hope that you will stay with us again when in the area. Give us a call and we can see what we can do for you! Thanks again for taking the time to give us a review! Safe travels!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I was very disappointed when I couldn't hook up my wii to the tv and when I called the front desk they said only the flat screen tvs could be hooked up and yet no one offered for me to stay in one of those rooms knowing I needed a tv like that. Also I was at the end of the hallway right by the door so everything someone entered or left the hall I was on I heard the door slam all day and night. And the walls are paper thin I could hear everyone's conversation all the way down the hall.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Shanin W, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Kassidie A,
I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us! I am very sorry that we werent able to meet all of your expections. We are working on getting all of the rooms a flat screen tv, however it is a slow process. We would have normally offered to move you to another room that would have suited your needs but we were full that week. Had one been availble we would have happily moved you. We are here to try and accomdate everyone that we possibly can. I hope that the next time you are in town you will give us another chance. We would love the opportunity to make up for your disappointing stay! If there is anything we can do please feel free to call the hotel.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

The whole entire staff has taken care of all my needs at the hotel. They bend over backwards to make sure all my needs are taken care of. The front desk staff, especially Nancy, and Jesse, are friendly and make me feel at home. The night security, drives around and checks every 30 minutes to make sure everything is safe. The breakfast is great and Kelly is great at making sure it is fully stocked and fresh. The on-site restraurant Ziggies is open 24-hours and is really good. They also provide excellence room-service. I really love my beautiful King Garden Suite. It is convienently located next to clubs, for a good time. They accept trucker's commchecks, which helps out a great deal. They have a beautiful outside pool, but I wish it was a little bit warmer to be able to enjoy it! The grounds of the Hotel, are nice and clean.

Room Tip: I have stayed in a variety of rooms and they are all nice and comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Shanin W, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Thank-you for your glowing comments Michael! Excellent guest service is certainly our goal for each and every guest. We are all delighted that you choose to share your experiences with other travelers!

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Staff was awesome. we got in late and they were very nice as to us. Helped us around town as to where the hot spots were. We will be staying here anytime we are in town

• Stayed: August 2011

We are very glad to read that you had such a great experience staying with us at the Lamplighter and we hope to see you again soon!