“amazingly good value”

Ranked #40 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Petersburg, Kentucky
“amazingly good value”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I stayed at this hotel because my mom was in st. johns hospital. They.have a special agreement with the hospital.
The people are incredibly helpful and kind. And,while I wasn't expecting the taj mahal at the price, believe me I was soo pleasantly surprised.
It is an older motel but they have upgraded the rooms and they come closer to Drury inns than motel 6 (the motel 6 is the same prce yet soo much worse)
They accept dogs, have a wonderful pool and the rooms have a refrigerator and microwave as well as an internet hookup (not wifi but for the price bring a cable!

Also, the. Tv isn't hi def but again, the pluses so outweigh the picky negatives.
they also have a restaurant semi attached that has good basic food and will do room service if fully staffed.

Bottom line : this is a good fit for families who don’t want to spend the whole vacation budget on lodging, but want a pool available in the summer and everyone else who is looking for a good deal. Nice people trying really hard to please.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank debbieam
busymom44, Front Office Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
First of all,let me say Thank You for choosing to stay with us at Lamplighter South.We realize that there are many choices available to you as a guest.We do try to go above and beyond our guests expectations.I hope you are able to come back and visit us in the future just for fun !!!!!!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I was so pleased with the service my husband and I received at this hotel. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and the hot breakfast was an unexpected treat! We will definitely stay there again on our next visit to Springfield.

• Stayed June 2011
busymom44, Front Office Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Greetings, and thank-you for your positive feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Lamplighter South! Our full hot breakfast has indeed become a very popular treat. We hope that you visit us again soon!
Indiana
Reviewed February 10, 2009

This hotel was great. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the attached restaurant was convenient (open 24 hours) and made good food. The internet wasn't the fastest, but it worked consistently. They had a good cable lineup, too, which was nice during my boring down times between working.

All in all this has been my favorite hotel I have visited on business yet. I would reccomend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank nerraw86
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed July 29, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for one overnight during July 2008. The room was paid for by someone else but I believe the rate was around $60 and overall a good value. The hotel is very "homey," including a large lobby with comfortable chairs and a big screen TV. There is also a 24hr reasonably priced resturant attached to the hotel. They have a nice outdoor pool with small slide for the little ones. The pool furniture seemed new or at least in good condition. Watch out though, the floor of the pool is very slippery. The rooms were spacious and included a fridge and microwave. The beds were comfy as well; soft but firm. If in the area again I would chose this hotel for the value and comfort offered. This review is for Lamplighter South only - I'm not sure of differences between this one and the North location.

• Liked — Overall comfortable feeling at hotel
  • Disliked — Slippery pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank newbutterfly13
busymom44, Front Office Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
I want to say thank you for staying with us at Lamplighter South.We do appreciate your choosing us.Im so glad that you enjoyed your stay.Im sorry about the pool being slippery on the bottom.We have solved this problem by draining and cleaning the pool.I ihope that yu get a chance to come see us again soon.