“Saw something I liked”

Ranked #44 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Amarillo, Texas
“Saw something I liked”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

In many with budget hotels you ever know how they are maintained. Many times they look ok but you never know. While there for a few days I saw a carpet cleaning service and overheard that he had just cleaned 40+ rooms. Later I asked the receptionist how often they clean. It seems that clean the carpets at least three times a year. Sure made me feel like overall the management took special care to keep the rooms up.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Flippin, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed recently at this motel while attending a dog show. The first room I got had what appeared to be dried vomit stains on the carpet near the bathroom sink. The wallpaper was separating from the wall in large sections and the corners had not been vacuumed well. The next room was cleaner, but the walls looked as though mold was growing on the wallpaper which had sections of black specks on it. The beds were terribly hard, and the box springs were gray with age (not just color). Also there were some dubious stains on the box springs. The bathroom was in decent shape. The steps leading up to the room needed a good power washing. The handrails were rotting with sections fallen away, exposing the rotten wood. This was evident on the railing to the second floor balcony too. The only reason to stay at this motel was the pet friendly policy. I hope I don't ever have to stay here again. It's sad because I have used this motel for over 15 years, and it has gone so downhill that I can no longer recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask to preview the room to make sure it lives up to your expectations.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Des Moines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

We just needed somewhere cheap to sleep for a few hours before getting back on the road. I did not like this place. I could not wait to get up to leave. The beds were so hard I was sure I was sitting on the box springs. The room smelled dirty, and there was a huge stain on the floor that I could not get out of my head was a blood stain. The room reminded me of something you would see on COPS that they use for a drug bust. It was so bad I did not even take a shower I felt cleaner with no shower than to take one there. As we were checking there was a cop in the parking lot driving around. Never again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Topeka
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

We stayed at this Motel 6 while going to a dog show. If all you are looking for is a place to sleep, this works. If you are traveling with pets, this works very well. However, there are some features that don't work well.

First, our bed was bad. There was no support on either side - if you sat on the edge of the bed, you would collapse the mattress. It was as if a very large person had been sitting on the edges for a long time. When we slept, we found ourselves tending to roll 'down hill' because the bed didn't have any firmness on the edges.

Next - expect to pay extra for internet - $3/day, have to register for it at the front desk.

Don't expect a hairdryer or coffee maker - not a big deal, but anymore every hotel we stay in has these in the room.

Had I known this, I would have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

Very friendly service at checkin, even gave my mother a copy of the latest directory they had. Room was clean and quiet. Bathroom was also clean. Could have wished for shampoo in the shower, but that's ok, there was soap! Only downside was the bed. It was comfy, but bouncy, and I kept feeling like I was going to fall out the side of it! Otherwise, a nice room, and good service. Worth the price!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Edwardsville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

I attended my best friends daughter's grad, and stayed overnight. The price was certainly right, and my stay was a positive experience. Very friendly lady at the front check in, my room was clean, bathroom was very clean, comfortable, and quiet, no noisy neighbors, always a plus. I will not hesitate to stay there again, and for the price, it's the best value there is.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Monument, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2010

I'm here right now. Check-in lady is friendly and informed me before hand this rooms wifi was iffy, that is okay as I have an internet capable phone. The room is clean, and so far everything works. If I had to nit-pik the cold water is warm....but not a big deal.

• Stayed December 2010