“My favorite sushi in Springfield”
Review of Mijuri

Mijuri
Ranked #137 of 702 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2014

There are a ton of sushi restaurants throughout Springfield. Some are too expensive, some are trying to be too hip (turning the lights off doesn't make you hip by the way), and others are just meh. Mijuri is just right. The sushi is amazing and not too expensive. I like the decorating inside and there's enough light to actually see, unlike Haruno's. I found the wait staff to be very nice and helpful so I'm not sure what others are talking about. I think this restaurant is just right for everyone so chose Mijuri's over the others. The sushi is simply the best!

2  Thank 13RedRob31

Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is by far my favorite place in town for sushi. I'm a local and this is a common trip for me. Not only is the sushi delicious, it is also more reasonably priced than some of the other places in town. They will also do to go orders!

1  Thank tews20
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Whenever I get a chance to take out my daughter, this is where she picks. She loves the tempura shrimp roll. And we always ask our server for recommendations. Everything we've tried has been great. Our server today was excellent. We've always had good service and have enjoyed the sushi.

1  Thank joewilk1
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I've eaten here multiple times. The sushi is great. The service is terrible. My most recent visit was on 8/2/13 because our 10 year-old daughter loves the lunch bento boxes.

My daughter and I ate at Mijuri in the spring. The restaurant was short-staffed. Our waiter informed me that I really should have made a reservation because of the Groupon offer they were (and still are) running. This confused me because the restaurant wasn't full, just busy, and I didn't have to wait for a table. He was extremely rude and the service was very slow.

On my most recent visit in August, we ended up leaving. We went to Mijuri at lunch time and were seated in less than 5 minutes. There seemed to only be two waiters for the two rooms of the very busy restaurant. There were at least 5 empty tables sitting unbussed.
We were given menus and promptly ignored for 15 minutes. No wait staff ever approached our table. However, the two waiters did bicker between themselves in front of the customers and attempt to bus tables in between half-way attending to their customers. About 10 minutes in, I noticed a waiter finally take the order of a table that had no drinks. I thought that surely we were next to be acknowledged. Five minutes later, the waiter appeared (still without drinks for the table that had just ordered) and began bussing a table.

At that point, I informed my family that we were leaving. I'm not going to pay that kind of money and be expected to tip to be ignored.

As we walked past the hostess stand, the two waiters were bickering with the hostess. None seemed to notice that we were leaving without being served. Perturbed, I waited until the hostess was free to tell her that no one ever acknowledged us. She just stared at me with her mouth agape and then turned her back on me.

And, thus, I would not give Mijuri another try if it were the last restaurant on earth.

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely love this place! Moving to Springfield, I had to find sushi and this was the best place