“Worst customer service ever!”

Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World
Ranked #1 of 23 Shopping in Springfield
More attraction details
Owner description: This huge sporting goods store has over 14,000 items of merchandise in 150,000 square feet.
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have been a loyal Bass Pro Shops customer for over 30 years. That ended this weekend when they so totally screwed up an order and compounded the error with multiple phone calls and emails. On Friday 11/22 I ordered a smoker for $180- with a delivery charge of $81- for 3 day delivery. Saturday I get a call and an email that the shipping calculated through their system was incorrect and it need to be higher. I said no problem as I wanted to get the smoker in time to use for Thanksgiving. I was assured that wouldn't be an issue. Sunday I get contacted again, same story, they need to raise the shipping even higher. I am still on board at this point and agree although the shipping is now $130- for a smoker whose base price is $180-. The $130- now represents NEXT DAY DELIVERY which I was assured would not be an issue and I would receive the smoker on Tuesday. Monday rolls around and I don't hear anything from them, I check my account and the order says it is processing. Around 3 in the afternoon I get anxious and call them to check the status. I am told now that the earliest I will get the smoker is Friday after Thanksgiving! We go back and forth, after speaking with three different people I just ask that they cancel the order. They said they will so I look for another smoker, knowing that I won't find one before the holiday but still really wanted this particular smoker. I find the Home Depot has the exact same one for $10- less and will deliver it for FREE on the following Tuesday! So I order this one and and satisfied the mess is all behind me. We imagine my surprise when I get an email telling me that my order from Bass Pro has been shipped! I call them yet again and tell them they need to recall the order as I was already told it would be cancelled. The person on the phone said he was take care of it. That evening I get another email stating that they couldn't refund the order because it was shipped although there was a mysterious lack of evidence to back up this claim. I looked at my account and the order was still in "processing" so I called them again. They expected me to either ship the item back when it arrived or try and catch the delivery person and refuse delivery. I explained this was unacceptable and reiterated my previous instructions. The next day I get another email from them stating that the order cannot be processed at this time due to the fact that the item is not in stock!

I will never shop with them again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,168)

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We are not hunters or fishermen, but it is still worth the visit! This is definitely a must see in Springfield...The Grand Daddy of them all.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Bass Pro shops Outdoor World is a nice place to visit and shop. Lots of things for kids (even grown kids). Displays with live freshwater fish and turtles are excellent and always intrigue the kids. Plenty of outdoor gear, hunting and fishing equipment, as well as supplies for most other sports. Clothing, outdoor wear and a good selection of shoes for those who like to shop for clothing. Santa Claus visits this time of year and is very popular. There are also places to eat inside. McDonalds for fast food eaters and Hemingway's for those who would like something a little more upscale. If you're needing some hunting or fishing supplies, some outdoor wear or just want to get a taste of outdoor life in the area, this is a can't miss stop.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

A lot of local groups will get together to do scavenger hunts in the store. You find some very interesting things and it is a great way to spend the afternoon.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

THis is a unique store with so much to see as well as a great shopping experience. The restaurant is very good as well. East to find well worth the stop and as a bonus excellent bathrooms