“Clean and Quiet”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas
“Clean and Quiet”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

This hotel was very clean and quiet!

I stayed for one night in a suite with a King Bed and Kitchen. The bed was comfortable.

The staff was very friendly.

The only thing that I did not enjoy about this hotel was the sofa in the room; I thought the cushions were very hard; my TV watching experience was not quite as enjoyable as it could
be because of that.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DFWGuy1
JustinPoor, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Springfield South, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Thank you for your kind review. I apologize that you didn't find our couch to be to your liking. We do receive many compliments on the comfort of our furnishings. On your next stay we will make sure to put you in a different room! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit 417 land!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
NC
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed here for business and it was a very nice stay. The 1-bedroom suite with a kitchen was just what I needed while I was there. The kitchen has a full pantry, full size refrigerator, stove top, and all the utensils that you will need. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean and convenient to anything that you would need. It is in walking distance of a variety of restaurants. The only disappointment was there was not a pool to enjoy there. The fitness center was adequate for what I wanted to do and the washer and dryer use is free there!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We have upgraded some of our fitness center equipment so the fitness center will be even better the next time you visit. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Springfield.
Ballwin, Missouri
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I've stayed at Candlewoods before and it was ok. You know going in that it is a nice suite, with plenty of room with some of the amenities of home. You have to provide your own breakfast, and that's a bit different from some of the other popular suite-hotels. But that's ok by me. I was more interested in a comfortable room with room to get some work done, and this Candlewood did not disappoint. I loved the large combination desk and kitchen table that allowed ample room to work.

What's striking about this facility is how clean and well-maintained it is. While the price I paid was a good value, there was no compromise on cleanliness. The front desk service was also very pleasant.

I have more business in this area, and I expect to return to this facility.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you for such a great review! I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to be the best hotel in Springfield regardless of price and it is great to hear that believe we provided you with a great value. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My Wife and I were making a trip from Oklahoma City to Kentucky. We wanted to find a "Clean" hotel at a reasonable rate in Springfield so we could break spread the driving out over two days. Springfield was close to half way, so I started searching through "Friends and Family" and looked for a place under $100/Nite that was rated highly (4-5 Stars) by most guests whose comments included mention of cleanliness - or at least the absence of criticisms suggesting otherwise.

I settled on the Candlewood Suites Springfield - South. Turns out - this particular property has been rated the #1 Candlewood property in the entire Nation for 2 or 3 Years running.

I have to tell you - they may win again this year. This is the first 100% Positive review I have EVER been inclined write about ANY hotel I have ever stayed in.

I have picked my brain and cannot think of a single constructive criticism to share about the Candlewood Suites Springfield South.

The people were amazing. Every employee I encountered was friendly, gracious and helpful. From the Front Desk - to the Housekeeping Staff - to the Maintenance man - everyone I crossed paths with on the property had a quick smile, kind word and helping hand to offer.

Sarah - the Front Desk Clerk on duty for both of my stays - is like a scripted character out of a commercial. You know - one of those super friendly, completely knowledgeable professionals who seem to only exist in advertisements. Heck, on top of everything you hope for in a host - she was even witty to boot - and not in an obnoxious way either.

And as for being clean - I can't believe the property is not Brand New. Cuz it sure looked like my Wife and I were the first people to ever stay in the rooms.

Thank you to all who made both of our layovers in Springfield this past week a true joy!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gernansky
Thank you so much for your kind words! We did win the Torchbearer award once again as one of the top Candlewood Suites in the nation! We look forward to seeing you the next time you pass through!
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed here overnight on a road trip. The room was great, as was the rest of the hotel. They are also dog friendly. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the positive feedback. We strive to be the best and it is great to know that we are on track. We look forward to seeing you again!
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed July 29, 2011

A nice clean and comfortable Hotel. The staff was friendly and professional. The rooms well decorated and the LCD Flat Screen a welcome departure. I knocked the rating down by one star because the blinds wouldn't close and let in far to much outside light from the parking lot.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback! I apologize that your room was a little brighter than you would have liked. Our rooms do have black out curtains, but they are tucked away. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Springfield.
Saudi Arabia
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I was in Springfield with my family members and needed a place to stay. I found this hotel through priority club membership and I booked 2 rooms. I was impressed, from the warm welcome we received, to the quality of the room, everything was wonderful. It was very clean, and very quiet. And was a great experience. Everything I need and want was there, efficient staff, clean, quiet, convenient parking, near restaurants, cheap, spacious and free Internet. The manager and all the staff were absolutely superior and beyond amazing. They were caring and made sure I had everything I needed. I liked the social gathering on guest appreciation dinner.

If you are going to stay in Springfield, with remarkable experience then you MUST stay in candlewood.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Asirco
JustinPoor, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Springfield South, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Thank you for your praise. We strive to be the very best hotel in Springfield regardless of price. We are currently the #1 hotel in the entire brand for guest satisfaction and we look forward to the opportunity to take care of you and your family when you next visit.

Justin Poor