“Banana Walnut Pancakes!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Gailey's has become a family tradition. Get the Banana Walnut Pancakes with a side of sweet hash browns--delicious!

Our waitress was by often, and I had my cup of coffee refilled 4 times in about a 35 min breakfast period--they recently switched to a new type of coffee and I must say it was a good choice. We also didn't have to wait long for our food as it came out in a timely fashion.

Tip: Gailey's is very popular, so on high traffic times (e.g. Saturday's at 10:00 am) expect there to be bit of a wait--This is not the establishment's fault, it's just that good!

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I took my in laws here because of its high reviews. We waited more than 35 minutes, even though there were only 3 full tables. Three of us got the bear hug special, which were cold. My eggs were poorly cooked, gravy bland, as well as the hashbrowns. We never saw our waitress after ordering, received no refills, and had to ask for silverware. After sharing with management, they comped our meal and gave us vouchers. On the plus side, my bacon was good. We won't be back though.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Although I grew up in the Springfield area, I now get to explore the place as someone who only gets back to the Ozarks a couple of times a year. I went here after finding a review on Urbanspoon. In short, the customer service was good, the food was flavorful, and I really liked the setting. I will be returning the next time I am in town.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We wanted a delicious breakfast for a good price that wasn't Cracker Barrel while visiting Springfield. This fit the bill! Family friendly...actually all-ages friendly! There was about a 20min wait for a table of 6 on a Sunday around 10am. They use farm fresh eggs and everything is made from scratch. The waffles are great! The eggs tasted very fresh both scrambled and fried. I was only disappointed in the sweet potato hashbrowns. They were a little bland. Definitely go for the regular potato ones. Everything else was great! Super sweet and welcoming staff.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I've been going to Gailey's for years now. It's always been the same; very slow service but great food. We went there the other day. I took a friend of mine and his young son because they'd never been. Gailey's was busy, it's ALWAYS busy. That didn't bother me, I expected it. But we spent 20 minutes standing there with no greeting. Nobody said, "Hi". Nobody said, "Sorry for the delay, we'll seat you as soon as we can". There were others there, waiting, all of us being ignored. So we left.

I will not return to Gailey's. They take their customers for granted. I've had it.