“try the tilapia”
Review of Brick House Cafe & Pub - CLOSED

Brick House Cafe & Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is a charming little place. If you don't like real food...if you have a bad attitude coming in the door, then don't bother stopping. The best thing on the menu in my opinion is the Tilapia. OMG!!! You'll find yourself making excuses to trave through Smithville just to stop here. The waitresses I have encountered are great. They are never out of the food I order. So all I can say to the other commenters is that they must have caught them during isolated incidents. This is a family owned, family run business. They will gladly stop what they are doing to address any of your concerns about your meal or the service...I have had first hand experience with this. So if something was not to your satisfaction...you should have, as you always should...havew expressed your concern.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

First 3 things that I tried to order off of the menu,, they didn't have the ingredients to make.. First two beers I ordered-- ( that were on the menu)-- not available... Poor waitress didn't know what to say--Not her fault... Made sure that she got to keep her tips for herself,, and left unhappy....Again... For some reason , this was my second visit,, and the first one was not much better... Poor,,,, POOOOORRRR management,,, probably won't be open by the time this posts... If you just wanna beer,, go across the street to Town Tavern...

2  Thank wrlance
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I eat here about once every 5 years. I think next time I'll wait 10 years because nothing has changed. Service is always at an all time low here. My salad tonight was not really edible, it was the worst lettuce. Chicken strips were grizzley, lost my appetite eating them. The fries are tasteless. Their menu is much more limited than I have seen it in the past. But by far the worst thing about this restaurant is the service, it was awful 15 years ago and it's the same today. Tonight I had to demand someone take our order after being ignored for 15 minutes (with open tables and pleanty of servers).

2  Thank Pam B
Reviewed April 22, 2009

Visited Smithville on a great spring day. Had lunch at this restaurant. The tenderloin sandwich with slaw was fantastic. We ordered the mini tenderloin and brought half home. The whole tenderloin is huge. The slaw also was a stand out. Great atmosphere and wait staff. There is a bar area in the back that is where smokers are still allowed to light up. Threre was enough seperation in the dining area so the patrons in the front room were not bothered.

Reviewed April 21, 2009

My husband and I decided to go somewhere outside of Kansas City to have dinner. We headed up to Smithville and with the help of our GPS chose the Brick House Cafe, having no idea what we were headed for. Much to our surprise, the restaurant was extremely clean, the staff very friendly, and the food excellent! The boneless hot wings were so good. I don't know what it was about them, but they may have been the best I've ever had! We will definitely return!

1  Thank jeh15343