“Top Of The Line Venue”

Smithville, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Top Of The Line Venue”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I've visited many wineries in Iowa, Kansas and Missouri; Ladoga Ridge has one of the most beautiful settings I've ever experienced. The owners have gone all out to create a lovely venue.for their guest who drop in to taste or stay and sip. The outdoors on the west side the tasting room, provides a perfect place to watch the sun set as you look out over the winery. In March I took a quilt for the late afternoon and needed it. The east entrance has small tables, and is somewhat sheltered and provides a great view on full moon nights. The owners have provided comfortable Adirondack chairs on the west side. There are tables and chairs, inside and out. I've not seen any other winery go to such expense to see that their guest are comfortable. They also provide ice buckets and ice to keep cold wine chilled. You can purchase high end cheese/cracker plates at a reasonable price.
The winery is located in Smithville Missouri, which makes it a short drive from Kansas City.
This winery opened in September of 2012 and the've already won 4 medals, including a double gold, gold and silver. They have many fruit wines, but also have a nice dry red for my tastes.
This is my new favorite winery, with it being only three miles from my home, it's a great place to meet friends, when I don't want to get my house or food ready for company, It's also a suitable place for supervised children, from this guests viewpoint. I plan visit with my mom and sister for mothers day, I checked, they do allow guest to bring in picnic baskets. In Missouri (other states too) you may not bring in wine from other places. The staff and the owners go out of their way to see that you are comfortable and enjoy your visit to Ladoga Ridge. It's an all around great place to meet friends or go with my spouse who doesn't drink wine - they have Bud Light for him.

Visited March 2012
5 Thank D H
galen1115, Owner at Ladoga Ridge Winery, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you DH for the great review. We try hard to be an asset to the community.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Great new family owned winery with beautiful property.”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I heard of this winery from snotty winery in the area. They has their grand opening Labor Day weekend and we were pleasantly surprised. Everyone working were all family - parents and grown kids. Nice selection of wines, the property would be idyllic for a wedding and they even have a chef's kitchen.

1 Thank Beth P