“Justus Drugs can be a little slow but the food is generally good.”

Justus Drugstore A Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Smithville
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The title says it all. The restaurant does a good job of offering local products that are well prepared to order. Mark and Michelle.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I've had the pleasure of dining here three times. Service is awesome, food is even better. While I have never before knowingly ingested many of the ingredients mentioned on the menu, they work incredibly well together. I've also read the KC Star's reviews and they seem to share my opinion. This is what I would call a destination dinner - worth a two hour drive each way just for dinner out.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We've made it a point to go there occasionally for several years. It just keeps getting better.

The chicken "sausage" on the menu now is brilliant. It still emphasizes local ingredients, creatively prepared. A destination to be sure.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

My friends and I took the trip to Justus for our monthly dinner gathering. The atmosphere was not what I had expected from all the buzz I had been hearing. I guess I expected with "drugstore" in the name that it would have been a more antique-y or old time feel but it was the total opposite. However it is a very nice restaurant. I was very excited about trying this restaurant and I had looked on-line at the menu and had what I wanted picked out…low and behold I discovered that it wasn't on the menu when I got there. We were not impressed with the wine selection we were recommended by the restaurant sommelier. However we all enjoyed our food. I had a pork dish that was prepared/cooked excellent! The portions were small however that left room for the AMAZING dessert. We split the Carrot Cake Beignets, Chocolate Hickory Nut Cake and Cherries to You. The Cherries to you might have been everyone's favorite! The chef/owner came out and talked with us before we left…very nice and friendly guy! I would definitely come back…maybe a different time of year in hopes of trying a different dish. I love that this restaurant supports the local farmers!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

In musical terms Justus Drugstore is "The great American Songbook. The dishes all deliver the best America has to offer.
The magic comes from the delivery. All uniquely crafted and delivered by a culinary artist and staff.
If you're in the area don't miss it.
It's Sinatra, Ellington. Porter and Basie. Now you can it in a very creative way