“Back for another visit, and we'll be back again”

Justus Drugstore A Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Smithville
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We've made it a point to go there occasionally for several years. It just keeps getting better.

The chicken "sausage" on the menu now is brilliant. It still emphasizes local ingredients, creatively prepared. A destination to be sure.

There are newer reviews for Justus Drugstore A Restaurant

Reviewed January 29, 2014

My friends and I took the trip to Justus for our monthly dinner gathering. The atmosphere was not what I had expected from all the buzz I had been hearing. I guess I expected with "drugstore" in the name that it would have been a more antique-y or old time feel but it was the total opposite. However it is a very nice restaurant. I was very excited about trying this restaurant and I had looked on-line at the menu and had what I wanted picked out…low and behold I discovered that it wasn't on the menu when I got there. We were not impressed with the wine selection we were recommended by the restaurant sommelier. However we all enjoyed our food. I had a pork dish that was prepared/cooked excellent! The portions were small however that left room for the AMAZING dessert. We split the Carrot Cake Beignets, Chocolate Hickory Nut Cake and Cherries to You. The Cherries to you might have been everyone's favorite! The chef/owner came out and talked with us before we left…very nice and friendly guy! I would definitely come back…maybe a different time of year in hopes of trying a different dish. I love that this restaurant supports the local farmers!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

In musical terms Justus Drugstore is "The great American Songbook. The dishes all deliver the best America has to offer.
The magic comes from the delivery. All uniquely crafted and delivered by a culinary artist and staff.
If you're in the area don't miss it.
It's Sinatra, Ellington. Porter and Basie. Now you can it in a very creative way

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We visit every few weeks and have never been disappointed. Great creative food and good wine list as well.

1  Thank Bretteasley
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful family celebration of sorts. Graciously seated and introduced to changes on the menu. We had cocktails and wine by the bottle which were outstanding. The soup was delightful and hit a sweet spot as wintery cold had arrived. I tried a new item, rack of lamb dusted with bergamot seasoning. Incredible!! Tender, great flavors, and served perfectly and uniformly medium rare. Best lamb of my life. Chef Jonathan and Camille continue to create and deliver an exceptional dining experience.