Pear Tree Inn Sikeston
Priceline
Quality Inn(Charleston)
$85
$67
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsdrury inneggssausagepretzelsbeer and winefree beerone nighthot breakfastthe noise levelgracious staffbiscuitsthird floorpositive experiencehappy hourbagelsroom was cleandown the road
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We decided to take a 3 hour road trip to Sikeston for our son's birthday so we could get away and also have lunch at Lambert's. We used TripAdvisor to find the best price, but all the hotel sites gave us the same price of $80. With taxes/fees, we paid $90 for a room that we could've gotten elsewhere for around $50-60. For that much, the room should have included a small fridge & microwave, which we've gotten before in cheaper hotels. The only difference between our room here and that of a budge hotel is Pear Tree's indoor/outdoor pool, so we basically paid and extra $30 so our son could swim a while. We wanted to use the hot tub, but it was occupied by three young men who were quite obnoxious. Once the pool began to fill up with even more people who were loud & roughhousing, we got our son out and left.

The front desk clerks were polite, as was the breakfast cook the following morning. The free breakfast is always a nice amenity and had a good sized assortment of foods (scrambled eggs, waffles, biscuits/gravy, etc.). It was decent, but I've had much better.

The room was clean with 2 double beds and an older TV. The bathroom had a single sink and separate toilet and shower/tub area, which was also quite clean. The chair & bed coverings weren't necessarily old, but the design was very dated, which I believe was intentional. We didn't mind, it just struck us as odd and didn't seem to fit the property. We found the bed to be uncomfortable, both of us waking with sore backs, but everyone's different I suppose. The heater unit is very quiet, which is a nice change of pace from most hotels. The room itself was also very quiet. I only heard a door slam one time, other than that we heard nothing from inside the hotel. We were 3-4 rooms away from the open lobby area, which also included the dining room & elevator.

It's in a nice location right off the interstate, just down the road from Lambert's, and across the road from the outlet mall (which we weren't able to go to). All in all a pretty nice stay. We were just disappointed with the cost. Putting a fridge & microwave in those rooms would definitely help feel like we're getting a better deal. It felt like a 2 star room with a 3 star price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tab1075
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn Sikeston, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Pear Tree Inn in Sikeston, MO. We always like getting feedback from our guests. Sometimes, there may be an issue, but we like to hear about those so we can better serve you the next time you come to stay with us. We do have some rooms with microwaves and refrigerators in them. If you know you might be coming to town again, please request one and we will be happy to be sure you get one of those room types. I was sorry to hear about the roughhousing, in the pool area. Please notify the front desk when you experience an issue like that. We try to make sure every guest is completely satisfied with their stay. I did enjoy reading the comments concerning our front desk and breakfast staff. We do hope that you will try us again in the future. Thanks again, Carla Norman, General Manager

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Our second stay, and our experience met our expecations. We checked in, friendly desk staff, and received our coupons for the free drinks at Happy Hour, and went to our room. The lobby from our floor gallery looked classic - real character. Our room was just great, but with the biggest old TV we have seen so far. Two chairs, a comfortable bed, and a quiet room heater/air conditioner made for peaceful sleep. The bathroom was huge - twin sinks on a long counter, and a separate toilet and shower area, all spotlessly clean tiled. They obviously care about appearance.
The price was not too high, similar to nearby hotels with high quality reputations, but the Pear Tree easily beat them on value for money

Room Tip: Two stays and two good rooms - perhaps they are all good?
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We chose to stop here again because we enjoyed our visit a couple years ago. Good location, reasonable rates, comfortable beds and room. Funny, though, we were in about the same room location as before but we don't remember being awakened by the elevator "dinging"--so that kept us awake late and woke us up early. Breakfast is always pretty good with a decent selection--besides the usual cereal and toast/eggs, they offer biscuits, gravy and sausage. Always a nice staff. And of course we had to eat at Lambert's, Home of the Throwed Rolls, right down the street! Small outlet mall across the street (where we were able to find a very nice, cheap swimsuit for the whirlpool). Would stay again, but will request a room away from the elevator/open lobby.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sportsbarne
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Sikeston just happened to the convenient place to stop on our way back from New Orleans to Chicago. The people here (Wal-Mart stop for snacks) seem really friendly even at nine at night. We did a few Expedia scans for prices and the Pear Tree seemed slightly high but fair considering the pool (which we didn't use due to the hour) and other amenities. Since I travel quite a bit I suppose it is a tad unfair to compare a hotel in central MO to other places I stay frequently. I certainly understand the occupancy rate isn't high nor the margins. That having been said, any national chain with a modest room can compete. The hotel reminds me of an off the strip budget hotel in Vegas from 1984. CRT TV rather than a flat screen, no blanket on the bed but just a bed spread and sheets. In short, I'm being picky but for $80 a night I shouldn't feel like I need to take a black light to the room. As I lay here, I think I shouldn't for my own peace of mind. Lastly the fact that my wife checked in and her not asking not withstandig who has to full beds rather than two queen size????? It's a good thing my kids and my wife and I like each other a lot!

Room Tip: Shop around.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael M
DruryHotels, Manager at Pear Tree Inn Sikeston, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We always appreciate hearing from our guests to help us provide better customer service which is our number one goal. We were sorry to read about your perceptions, however, pertaining to the overall cleanliness and furnishings in the room. The Pear Tree Inn is a former Drury Inn and has the same high quality standards as all other Drury hotels. We also have ongoing renovations to enhance the entire hotel. Among those enhancements is our bedding. We apologize that the customary blanket appears to have been missing from the room. This is highly unusual. We also apologize that you were not informed of our room types which include rooms with one king size bed or two double beds. Our Drury Inn & Suites in Sikeston (under the same management) which is located next to us does have rooms with two queen beds. We do hope you will give us or our other Drury hotel a try again your next time through the area.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stopped for the night as we had been driving all day, and the Drury Inn was next door but more than I wanted to spend. We got a suite, and it has a living room w two chairs, (one recliner) and sofa, the a seprate bedroom. The pool was indoor/ outdoor, didnt use, but did use the hottub, whivh was just right. The hotel is a older Drury Inn, and it's not the newest thing around but it was clean, and very quiet. The breakfast was included, waffles, bagel, eggs biscuits/gravy... all very good. Glad we stayed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple