“Really enjoyed this hotel!”

Pear Tree Inn Sikeston
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sikeston
Bloomington, IN
“Really enjoyed this hotel!”
Reviewed February 22, 2008

We had a wonderful time at this hotel. We arrived early and were given an early check in. We found the hotel to be spotless. Our rooms were nice and comfortable. The hotel offers 3 free drinks and munchies in the lobby from 5:30pm-7:00pm. Also, free soft drinks and popcorn the entire evening. The kids loved the pool which is indoor/outdoor. We were surprised to find that the outdoor portion was open in mid-February. The water was warm enough to make it enjoyable inside and outside. There was also a nice jacquzzi in the pool area. There were plenty of tables and chairs in the lobby area, so we had a place to hang out and play games while enjoying the popcorn and soft drinks. The complimentary breakfast was great. The hot food (eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy) was replenished often to keep it fresh and hot.
Every employee that we dealt with at this property was very nice. We really enjoyed Kathy, who served the morning breakfast. She went out of her way to make sure we were having a good time. Which we were!! We are looking forward to visiting this hotel again sometime in the future.

• Liked — free drinks, popcorn, sodas, breakfast and pool
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed November 28, 2007

We stayed at the Drury Inn SIkeston just after Thanksgiving. Although they had no record of my Expedia reservation, I got a room without problem. The front desk was very pleasant, friendly and accomodating. The first room smelled bad, no problem switched us to an adjoining room which was fine. Clean, in good shape, big enough for a one-nighter. Used the pool and hot tub, great way to relax from visiting relatives! Hot breakfast was adequate, no negatives to speak of. No problem getting a late checkout. I will stay there again, I have stayed also at the adjacent Pear Tree Inn (which the Drury chain also owns).

I've stayed at several other Drury properties and they are clean and well-maintained, the staff is accommodating and the prices are reasonable.

• Liked — Hot tub, hot breakfast
  • Disliked — No negatives to speak of
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Mobile, AL
Reviewed October 18, 2007

We have stayed in Drury Inns previously and have enjoyed our stay. This particular property, however, appears somewhat old. It is adjacent to another Drury owned property (Pear Tree Inn) which appears to be rather run down and old. This hotel is convenient to interstate travelers, but is not of the high standard of other Drury Inns in which we have stayed.

• Liked — Convenient to the Interstate
  • Disliked — Lower standard than other Drury Inns; Located next to an old Pear Tree Inn
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Dickinson, Texas
Reviewed September 15, 2007

We stayed on the third floor and received a large discount.

• Liked — The great rate
  • Disliked — Everything was great, no complaints
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Iowa
Reviewed August 25, 2007

I stayed here one night due to a family situation that required I visit Sikeston.
I checked in online via the hotel website 1 day prior. The rate was under $100 for a king, so it was reasonable.
The check in at the desk took under 5 minutes. They had free drinks & snacks available at the time of my arrival. The room was very clean, but had a musty smell. The ac worked well with the 100 degree heat outside the room was very cool. The linens were clean, but my blanket had cigarette burn holes. Overall I found it acceptable & I am a germ-o-phobe who fears hotel rooms. No fridge or microwave, but in room coffee was available.
Express checkout was acceptable. I did not have time to try the breakfast, but I noticed the dining area looked very clean on my way out.
I will provide a warning & this is JMO. Sikeston is not a town to drive around seeing the sights. I have never been to the area before. I found myself in a terribly dangerous looking part of town just 2 blocks from that roll throwing restaurant. It is an old, poor, run down town. Best to stay by the highway if you must stay. Better to go down the road to Cape for an over night if you don't need to be in town

• Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank growing2boys
Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed August 22, 2007

If you have ever stayed in a Drury Hotel....then this place is not for you...the place was a dump if you ask me....my kids would not sleep on the bed and the furniture was old and the room had a stale smell as if the carpet has been there forever which had more stains in it then I can count. I cannot imagine how anyone giving this place four stars. If you have ever slept in any Drury hotel by all means do not think you will find the same comfort/quality here. This place is for truckers wanting to get off the road and take shower...construction workers in town working .. so by all means you don't want your kids or teenage daughter walking around this joint...the rooms were priced different by which floor u stay on....top floor being the cheapest as there is no elevator...HA!
If u picked a prostitute off the streets and looking to get laid take her here. If u are traveling with your kids and family by all means drive pass this place.....How could the Drury attach its name to this place???

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank neckbone
Atlanta
Reviewed July 9, 2007

You won't be disappointed with this hotel for the price. Clean rooms...comfortable beds...very friendly staff...and a great breakfast. Nice pool out back also but usually a lot of kids running around and playing. I have stayed at just about every other hotel in this town and would choose this one over anyone else. Don't let the outside appearance fool you. Yes, it's an older hotel but is kept up very nicely.

• Liked — front desk service
  • Disliked — only outside access to all rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family