“Terrible...you get what you pay for”
Review of Days Inn Sikeston

Days Inn Sikeston
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Sikeston
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This place is run down and out dated. We reserved two rooms and discovered they were infested with mosquitoes. We called to the front desk and she said "We are all out of bug spray". They have had a continued issue with mosquitoes. We finally moved to two other rooms and discovered mosquitoes there as well. We all developed an itch while laying on the beds and I broke out in a rash. The carpets are stained, the ceiling above the bathtub looked like it was about to fall in. The pool is still not up and useable. Spend the extra money and stay somewhere else. If I could give this place a 1/2 star I would!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Just don't stay here, we had 3 rooms and they all had bugs. There were stains on the walls, there were stains on pretty much everything. It was very out dated. The smell of urine was everywhere you couldn't get away from it. There was a bug in a pillow and when we went to the front desk they said "its just a water beatle". The girl at the front desk couldn't even get us new pillows or blankets. We had to strip the bedding and then sleep without any. The a/c never really cooled the room off. The water went from scalding to freezing in the shower. The next morning when went to the front desk to talk about getting a refund, they said all they could do was give us $6.50 back...............then it went up to $10. They say there is a pool but has not been open in sometime. Just don't stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel is just way to old no upgrades other than tv and the picture quality is fuzzy beds aren't the greatest and old as well the staff is decent this hotel really should make an overhaul and alot more people would stay .

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 30, 2012

How do I start? Carpet was torn up and sticky. The wall by the floor was moldy and ripped up. TV only got snow and when I called to get it fixed was told there was no one there to do it. It was 104 outside and the AC was not on when we got to the room. One 1/2 ounce bottle of shampoo; no cream rinse, two thin small towels for the whole room. Only nice thing: free wifi. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2012

When a personal trip required I stay in Sikeston, I was astonished by the high cost of Sikeston hotels. My reservation here was just over half the prevailing rate in the area. I got good value for the cost, all things considered.

The staff was friendly, efficient, and helpful.

Breakfast: The coffee was available even before 6a.m., and it was good. The rest of the breakfast was easily avoided. Cold cereal, bread & bagels available to be toasted. Yuk. Drury Inn & other chains have spoiled me with their good, hot breakfasts.

My king room was relatively spacious, with a microwave and refrigerator. The bed and pillows were not luxurious – a bit “tired,” but ok, as was the sofa. The cleanliness was good.

Overall, the hotel feels like one that's a bit overdue for refurbishment, as there were a few minor maintenance issues, but nothing that was an inconvenience or grossed me out.

The hotel and location felt very safe.

I generally stay in much nicer hotels, but I was on a budget on this trip. For almost half the price of other hotels in Sikeston, I thought this was a good value. The hotel was ok and does not deserve some of the scathing reviews I found on this site or elsewhere on the Internet. While it's not a place you'd choose for luxury or a vacation, it's quite adequate when business or leisure takes you to Sikeston on a tight budget.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 12, 2012

they have billboard that advertises a pool that hasn't worked in two years. The room was filthy and dated. The parking lot was covered in weeds and the sidewalks were cracked so bad i felt sorry for someone handicapped. As we were leaving we walked past two of the cleaning ladies cart, neither had fresh sheets, pillows or blankets. I travel regularly and this is the worst place i've stayed. I wrote a letter to the president of Days Inn and she assured me they would look into it, we'll it's been one year and nothing has been done.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Room was supposed to be non smokin but it smelled bad, no trash can liners, over all room has been poorly maintained, WiFi could not be received in our room when complained was told we could come to lobby and try

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple