Days Inn Sikeston
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$105
$58
$66
$64
Pear Tree Inn Sikeston(Sikeston)
$90
$50
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2012

When a personal trip required I stay in Sikeston, I was astonished by the high cost of Sikeston hotels. My reservation here was just over half the prevailing rate in the area. I got good value for the cost, all things considered.

The staff was friendly, efficient, and helpful.

Breakfast: The coffee was available even before 6a.m., and it was good. The rest of the breakfast was easily avoided. Cold cereal, bread & bagels available to be toasted. Yuk. Drury Inn & other chains have spoiled me with their good, hot breakfasts.

My king room was relatively spacious, with a microwave and refrigerator. The bed and pillows were not luxurious – a bit “tired,” but ok, as was the sofa. The cleanliness was good.

Overall, the hotel feels like one that's a bit overdue for refurbishment, as there were a few minor maintenance issues, but nothing that was an inconvenience or grossed me out.

The hotel and location felt very safe.

I generally stay in much nicer hotels, but I was on a budget on this trip. For almost half the price of other hotels in Sikeston, I thought this was a good value. The hotel was ok and does not deserve some of the scathing reviews I found on this site or elsewhere on the Internet. While it's not a place you'd choose for luxury or a vacation, it's quite adequate when business or leisure takes you to Sikeston on a tight budget.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 12, 2012

they have billboard that advertises a pool that hasn't worked in two years. The room was filthy and dated. The parking lot was covered in weeds and the sidewalks were cracked so bad i felt sorry for someone handicapped. As we were leaving we walked past two of the cleaning ladies cart, neither had fresh sheets, pillows or blankets. I travel regularly and this is the worst place i've stayed. I wrote a letter to the president of Days Inn and she assured me they would look into it, we'll it's been one year and nothing has been done.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Room was supposed to be non smokin but it smelled bad, no trash can liners, over all room has been poorly maintained, WiFi could not be received in our room when complained was told we could come to lobby and try

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katherine F
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We will never go there again. When we arrived the hotel really looked as though it were closed. I went to the door and it opened! A woman was at the desk and got us set up. Very pleasant. Got to the room and it was stale smelling, it needed repair work, the springs on the bed were grey with old dust but since we were tired we stayed. However, the bathroom was clean. Next morning we found that the breakfast was deplorable but there. Even the coffee cups were small. There are better places to stay in Sikeston and we sure will do that in the future. Don't stay here unless you have to.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nbuch4242
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Thankfully I only paid for one night, so we moved the next morning. The outside of the building is in serious need of work as well as in inside. They seem to think that by poorly putting on a new coat of paint it makes the room all new. Look at the picture there was a device on the bathroom vanity that I estimate to be from the 1970's. I don't think that They have not updated or cleaned parts of the room since then either. Super 8, Motel 6, Thrifty Inn almost anywere had to be better. I will not stay here again and do not recommend. I am suprised that they are able to be classified as a Days Inn. Have lost all confidence in the Days Inn brand after this hotel.

Room Tip: The Pear Tree Inn is just a little more expensive but well worth it. Nice, clean rooms, comfy beds. Close to Lamberts.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business