“Worth the Stop”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Sikeston MO
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Sikeston
Reviewed April 1, 2014

It's a nice place, if a bit aged. The staff was very friendly and the suite I had was very clean and comfortable. The building is kind of old so there were some creaks and groans but that wasn't an issue. The walls are rather thin; could hear the couple next to me "enjoying" themselves.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank jdv62

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Nice folks at the front desk and a HUGE lobby. The breakfast room was also huge. My room wasn't bad, it was just quite old and in need of updating. Although, I can't imagine what the cost would be to bring this huge hotel up a few notches. Everything worked and the bed was great, and it was whisper quiet and clean, that's all I really need. The breakfast was good with hard boiled eggs, packets of oatmeal, and almost everything you expect from a hotel breakfast. The price was great and it's in a good spot for my trips to New Orleans so it's hard to beat. There are a few places to eat nearby.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night in this large (mostly empty) hotel. I'll start with the good: management seemed competent and good-natured, and the facility was fairly clean. Also, we slept well in the king-size bed and appreciated how quiet the entire building was. Unfortunately, we do not plan on returning to this establishment because it was so old and run-down. Walking through the building, you got the feeling that some poor guy was trying hard to keep the place up but didn't have enough help or money to do the job. The banged-up furniture in our "suite" was of the cheapest quality and the bathroom fixtures looked like they should've been replaced 10 years ago. Conclusion: Nice people running this place but just too junky for us.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My wife & i have stayed at the Best Value (we also know it as the Coach House Inn) for a few years--we enjoy the people work there & always feel right at home-- i fell down the front steps a couple of years ago & they were so very helpful patching me up--my fault not anything they did wrong--we always look forward to stay there coming & going to our summer place in northern Minn--you can spend more money but this place is reasonably priced, clean & the beds are nice--
Tom & Carol Pittman
Lillian Al & Babbitt Mn

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SmoothTraveler78
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had been disappointed in ABV Inns 'till now. This had been a Best Western and was converted. The owners were very nice and the rooms were great. This property was original built as a Nursing Home and the rooms are swell. The breakfast room was big enough for a convention and the breakfast choices were great. The only downside, the orange juice ran out before breakfast was done. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Look first, but I would guess all rooms are good.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Buckeye1966
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here a few years ago when it was under another name so thought we would stay again. Our room was okay--a bedroom and a sitting room but not clean. As other people have stated, it is in desperate need of TLC and an upgrade. A sign at the entrance of the breakfast room said "no food or drink to leave this room". Come on--you can't even take it to your room??? We have decided that we won't be back to this property unless & until it is upgraded and thoroughly cleaned.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I think this one may be more subjective than others I've written. The room pleasantly surprised me with two rooms, a good kingsized bed and fridge and microwave. That was the good part. If you are okay with that then ignore the rest.
I found the place just a bit tired and neglected. Like it's just on the edge of needing major maintenance. The furniture was tired, the baseboard under the bathroom sink looked chewed up at the corners. Yes that was bad.
The front lobby was enormous but without any real taste as was the dining room. It was huge but furnished sparsely with a few formica tables and chairs you see in supper clubs in Northern Wisconsin. Just a bit odd.
The woman at the desk was wonderful when I checked in. Later, I had an internet problem and the owner was unable to help me. I talked to his wife on a cell phone which he handed me because his accent made it difficult to communicate clearly. In my estimation and from what my computer was telling me their internet was simply not working.
The next morning all of the fire doors were closed because there as no heat in the hallways and when I went to get breakfast no one was in there and the staff all had heavy coats and were huddled together. I rhink rheir time would have been better spent talking with guests. Fortunately I had heat in my room.
I had stayed there because of previous reviews and it was $57 and they accepted pets. But when I got there they said pets were $20 extra. My dog is 13 pounds and has not shed a hair in six years.... I would definitely not have stayed here for $77 and I would not stay here again even for $57. It needs a lot of TLC and I need good energy. If you don't this will do.
So, all in all it wasn't horrible, just a bit off in an odd way. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo