“Great Value is right”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Sikeston
Lillian, Alabama USA
“Great Value is right”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My wife & i have stayed at the Best Value (we also know it as the Coach House Inn) for a few years--we enjoy the people work there & always feel right at home-- i fell down the front steps a couple of years ago & they were so very helpful patching me up--my fault not anything they did wrong--we always look forward to stay there coming & going to our summer place in northern Minn--you can spend more money but this place is reasonably priced, clean & the beds are nice--
Tom & Carol Pittman
Lillian Al & Babbitt Mn

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SmoothTraveler78

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bellefontaine, Ohio
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had been disappointed in ABV Inns 'till now. This had been a Best Western and was converted. The owners were very nice and the rooms were great. This property was original built as a Nursing Home and the rooms are swell. The breakfast room was big enough for a convention and the breakfast choices were great. The only downside, the orange juice ran out before breakfast was done. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Look first, but I would guess all rooms are good.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Buckeye1966
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here a few years ago when it was under another name so thought we would stay again. Our room was okay--a bedroom and a sitting room but not clean. As other people have stated, it is in desperate need of TLC and an upgrade. A sign at the entrance of the breakfast room said "no food or drink to leave this room". Come on--you can't even take it to your room??? We have decided that we won't be back to this property unless & until it is upgraded and thoroughly cleaned.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I think this one may be more subjective than others I've written. The room pleasantly surprised me with two rooms, a good kingsized bed and fridge and microwave. That was the good part. If you are okay with that then ignore the rest.
I found the place just a bit tired and neglected. Like it's just on the edge of needing major maintenance. The furniture was tired, the baseboard under the bathroom sink looked chewed up at the corners. Yes that was bad.
The front lobby was enormous but without any real taste as was the dining room. It was huge but furnished sparsely with a few formica tables and chairs you see in supper clubs in Northern Wisconsin. Just a bit odd.
The woman at the desk was wonderful when I checked in. Later, I had an internet problem and the owner was unable to help me. I talked to his wife on a cell phone which he handed me because his accent made it difficult to communicate clearly. In my estimation and from what my computer was telling me their internet was simply not working.
The next morning all of the fire doors were closed because there as no heat in the hallways and when I went to get breakfast no one was in there and the staff all had heavy coats and were huddled together. I rhink rheir time would have been better spent talking with guests. Fortunately I had heat in my room.
I had stayed there because of previous reviews and it was $57 and they accepted pets. But when I got there they said pets were $20 extra. My dog is 13 pounds and has not shed a hair in six years.... I would definitely not have stayed here for $77 and I would not stay here again even for $57. It needs a lot of TLC and I need good energy. If you don't this will do.
So, all in all it wasn't horrible, just a bit off in an odd way. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank casturtle
Ft. Wayne, IN
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed for 1 night on business. This is an older property that at one time was very nice but it is due for a refresh. The room was clean and the price was right but the whole property was dingy. For a cheap place to stay this is a good value. It is located on a side access road and can be hard to find; it's on the south east side of the interstate exit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We found this motel through tripadvisor and it was everything the reviews said. Very clean, awesome hot breakfast, comfortable beds with HUGE 2 room suites for half of what the other chains were charging. Would definitly stay here again and would recommend to anyone traveling through the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carol Torrey D
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed here on our way driving from Chicago to Texas while moving house and were encouraged by the very reasonable rate even for a late booking. The exterior of the hotel is surprisingly picturesque given the price; as others have suggested this may owe to the building's past use. We were warmly greeted by the property manager at the desk and were checked in promptly with all relevant details for breakfast and internet access provided. The common spaces in the hotel and the room itself were oddly and pleasantly large (our room had a sitting area and 2 TVs, for example). The furnishings in the room were a little tired looking but all functional and clean, and the bathroom very spacious. Breakfast offerings were basic (primarily lacking in protein) but again certainly adequate for a quick meal before hitting the road again. There were quite a number of other facilities (pool, games room, library, outdoor patio and grill) that we did not use but were again surprising for the price. Check out was again quick and pleasant. Overall it was more than adequate for a night and would be a comfortable stay for a few days.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family