“Didn't seem to be expecting visitors.”
Review of Wendy's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wendy's
Ranked #38 of 50 Restaurants in Sikeston
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Didn't seem to be expecting visitors.”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We drove the streets of Sikeston looking for a restaurant, and outside of the famous Lambert's, (and we can't eat that much), we couldn't find what sounded good, so we ended up at Wendy's . . . turned out that, at 6:10 p.m., they were out of baked potatoes. They offered to make one, but it would take "26 minutes" -- so we passed. We were one of 3 tables occupied.

Visited February 2013

Jackson, Missouri
“okay”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

It's fast food, not much you can say. I prefer more of the local flavor

Visited December 2011
Southeast, Missouri
“This "W' Location is a Definate Negative!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have made the mistake of returning here after 1 bad visit! the folks who work here think that one patty on a Wendy's Signature sandwich the "W" is the same as two patties, what the menu Item is supposed to have! not just my opinion on that its advertised that way as well!

Visited March 2012
Altoona, Kansas
“Sikeston, MO Wendy's -- YIKES!!!”
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Stopped at Wendy's in Sikeston, MO 2 days ago. Almost didn't eat there, but I was so hungry. Watched to food being prepared, 2 of the 3 people were not wearing food service gloves. Handling meat, then touching other things. I complained, talked to a "manager" and he said they didn't have to wear gloves b/c the meat would be cooked and would kill any bacteria. I asked about what might be on his hands and he said they wash them often, but I never once saw anyone washing their hands. The guy at the drive up window was handing out orders and taking money, but would also help get the orders ready. He would pick up chicken nuggets AND french fries with his hands and put them in the containers, then in the bag. At one time, he went outside to deliver an order, did not wash his hands after touching the door handle, then went right back to picking up nuggets with his hands. He even turned around once to see if I was looking!! I ended up ordering a frosty and glass of water and that was all. I didn't want to stay, but the others with me did, they ordered a chicken wrap and I hated that they ate food there. But, I didn't fight leaving too much, as I wanted to observe them further. By the time we left, the "manager" was wearing food gloves and the gal that took our order had also put on gloves by she was getting ready to wipe off the tables and spray them with disinfectant. I think they thought I was with the State Board of Health or something. That part was funny. I did call Wendy's corporate as soon as I got home. Of course, I'm sure that kind of stuff goes on in all fast food places, we just don't take time to notice most of the time, but with all the flu and illness going around these days, I would think that restaurant employees would be much more careful about what they are doing.

After we finished, my aunt went back to the counter to get a glass of water and she could hear the employees (all but the guy at the drive up window) back by the stove and the manager was talking about wearing gloves and what to say if anyone does question why they are not wearing them. When the counter gal noticed her, she hurried out and got the water, then grabbed the bottle of disinfectant and headed to clean the tables.

4 Thank Alana A

Been to Wendy's? Share your experiences!