“Nice Surprise”

Drury Inn & Suites Sikeston
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Sikeston
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed here by chance. Three couples traveling together and needed three rooms. Called Drury Inn and they only had smoking rooms available. Desperate we accepted them. By the time we arrived (30 mins later) they had cancellations and non smoking rooms were ready for all of us. Very pleased with our stay. None of us had ever stayed in a Drury Inn before but we all agree we will gladly do it again. A large breakfast offering also. Late afternoon/evening food was available but we chose to eat at Landry's a few miles down the road. Landry's has good food and is a fun experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Last night of a long trip. What a blessing, Check in was efficient, room was clean and everything worked flawlessly. Room was very quiet and good sized. Beds were very comfy. the evening snacks and drinks were great. We did not have breakfast as we had to leave early. Best of the best this property cannot be beat.
Thank you to all the staff you are doing great!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We recently made a road trip out to Missouri-and-back from Tennessee. At the start of the trip, we spent one night at another nearby hotel in Sikeston; that place was very shabby and not a good experience! So, on the way home, we had to find a Plan B, and the reviews for this Drury Inn & Suites were very good. Fortunately, the research paid off because we had a great experience here! The room was very clean, with good quality furniture, a comfortable bed, a classy lazy-boy, and a 37" HDTV. The dinner, drinks, and hot breakfast were a huge plus, and we took full advantage of them. Although we didn't use the pool or hot-tub, they looked very inviting, and we wished we'd packed our swimsuits. Overall, I can't imagine we'd ever stay anywhere else in Sikeston, and we'll be paying close attention to Drury properties in the future. (One area with room for improvement, however...the doors to each room make a ton of noise when opening/closing, and you can hear the racket up and down the halls, even at 1:30am, ugh!)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Had a one night reservation on the way to Florida! Missed the free popcorn and drinks-that looked like a hit with fellow travelers! Nice looking indoor/outdoor pool-didn't have time to use though. A few noisy kids seemed to be going up and down the elevator but by bedtime were under control. Clean room, friendly check-in, comfortable bed and great breakfast! Thanks!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Visiting Sikeston with the family for one night so we decided to try Drury Inn. The only rooms left were smoking, so I was extremely hesitant. I read several reviews noticing a manager replied to all the bad reviews for Drury. They seemed to care about their hotel. We decided to give it a try. Honestly, there was a smell, but it was not overwhelming. It did not stay with us when we left. The suite was very clean. None of the linens smelled of smoke. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was clean. Check in was very quick. The buffet meal was pretty good. Great breakfast. We were pleased to say the least.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

This was the nicest and cleanest place we have stayed in. Very friendly staff and a great breakfast. Also popcorn and soda available in the evening which was a hit with the kids. We had no reason to be in Sikeston but we would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have NEVER written a bad review for the Drury Inn. I don't know what rooms all the people stayed in that were so great, but we were placed in a room that looked like someone had been sleeping in the beds...the pillows were all scrunched up & there was hair all over EVERYTHING. Hair in the bathroom, on the toilet (which was dirty -- I won't go into detail, but DIRTY), in the shower, on the bedspreads, and in the beds. The fitted sheets looked & smelled like someone had slept on them & they hadn't been washed from the previous guests. I called the front desk & spoke to a man, I said, "Our room is dirty." His response, "Do you want to check out?" I said, "No, I want a CLEAN room." I took pictures on my phone of the room & he didn't want to see them. He had absolutely no interest in seeing them, and he offered no apology nothing -- he acted like it was no big surprise that I called complaining. We were then moved to another room. It was just a step above the first room...I swear there was hair EVERYWHERE! Otherwise, it was a good breakfast, a good nights sleep, as usual. This will not stop me from staying at any Drury Inn in the future, but I will NEVER stay in Sikeston at the Drury again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Sikeston, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear about the issues you encountered here at the Drury Inn & Suites Sikeston. I do apologize for all the inconveniences that you experienced. The service and accommodations were less than you expected, and we take that very seriously. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and customer service and this was not normal for us. I am following up to see what went wrong and how we can prevent this from happening to another guest.

Thank you for letting us know and I do wish you would give us another try so we can treat you to the wonderful stay you deserve and show you how we really operate. Thanks again for staying with us and I hope to see you again.

Carla Norman, General Manager