“Excellent Hotel w/Nice Perks!”

Drury Inn & Suites Sikeston
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Sikeston
Nashville, Tennessee
“Excellent Hotel w/Nice Perks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

We recently made a road trip out to Missouri-and-back from Tennessee. At the start of the trip, we spent one night at another nearby hotel in Sikeston; that place was very shabby and not a good experience! So, on the way home, we had to find a Plan B, and the reviews for this Drury Inn & Suites were very good. Fortunately, the research paid off because we had a great experience here! The room was very clean, with good quality furniture, a comfortable bed, a classy lazy-boy, and a 37" HDTV. The dinner, drinks, and hot breakfast were a huge plus, and we took full advantage of them. Although we didn't use the pool or hot-tub, they looked very inviting, and we wished we'd packed our swimsuits. Overall, I can't imagine we'd ever stay anywhere else in Sikeston, and we'll be paying close attention to Drury properties in the future. (One area with room for improvement, however...the doors to each room make a ton of noise when opening/closing, and you can hear the racket up and down the halls, even at 1:30am, ugh!)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
central Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Had a one night reservation on the way to Florida! Missed the free popcorn and drinks-that looked like a hit with fellow travelers! Nice looking indoor/outdoor pool-didn't have time to use though. A few noisy kids seemed to be going up and down the elevator but by bedtime were under control. Clean room, friendly check-in, comfortable bed and great breakfast! Thanks!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tupelo, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Visiting Sikeston with the family for one night so we decided to try Drury Inn. The only rooms left were smoking, so I was extremely hesitant. I read several reviews noticing a manager replied to all the bad reviews for Drury. They seemed to care about their hotel. We decided to give it a try. Honestly, there was a smell, but it was not overwhelming. It did not stay with us when we left. The suite was very clean. None of the linens smelled of smoke. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was clean. Check in was very quick. The buffet meal was pretty good. Great breakfast. We were pleased to say the least.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Sikeston, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

This was the nicest and cleanest place we have stayed in. Very friendly staff and a great breakfast. Also popcorn and soda available in the evening which was a hit with the kids. We had no reason to be in Sikeston but we would certainly stay here again.

Stayed February 2014
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have NEVER written a bad review for the Drury Inn. I don't know what rooms all the people stayed in that were so great, but we were placed in a room that looked like someone had been sleeping in the beds...the pillows were all scrunched up & there was hair all over EVERYTHING. Hair in the bathroom, on the toilet (which was dirty -- I won't go into detail, but DIRTY), in the shower, on the bedspreads, and in the beds. The fitted sheets looked & smelled like someone had slept on them & they hadn't been washed from the previous guests. I called the front desk & spoke to a man, I said, "Our room is dirty." His response, "Do you want to check out?" I said, "No, I want a CLEAN room." I took pictures on my phone of the room & he didn't want to see them. He had absolutely no interest in seeing them, and he offered no apology nothing -- he acted like it was no big surprise that I called complaining. We were then moved to another room. It was just a step above the first room...I swear there was hair EVERYWHERE! Otherwise, it was a good breakfast, a good nights sleep, as usual. This will not stop me from staying at any Drury Inn in the future, but I will NEVER stay in Sikeston at the Drury again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Sikeston, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear about the issues you encountered here at the Drury Inn & Suites Sikeston. I do apologize for all the inconveniences that you experienced. The service and accommodations were less than you expected, and we take that very seriously. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and customer service and this was not normal for us. I am following up to see what went wrong and how we can prevent this from happening to another guest.

Thank you for letting us know and I do wish you would give us another try so we can treat you to the wonderful stay you deserve and show you how we really operate. Thanks again for staying with us and I hope to see you again.

Carla Norman, General Manager
Gold Coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed December 2013
Easy access to highway.
Very clean and well presented.
Good size room with large bathroom.
Beds extremely comfortable.
Kids loved the pool, it was half indoor, half outdoor. Spa looked clean. Plenty of towels on hand.
Eating area was inviting and the 3pm popcorn and soda was welcome.
The 530 kickeback was great and we used it as our evening meal which saved us having to venture out in the cold!
Breakfast was amazing. Fresh and continually being refilled.
The staff were ok. Efficient but not overly friendly. Front desk almost looked bored a few times when we walked past.
We did have an issue with the lift on one occasion which the front desk did not seem too concerned about and also an issue with the hairdryer in our room overheating and smoking - we were told this would be looked into so hopefully it was!
Overall a great overnight stay and would recommend!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our room was so clean, I felt like I was the first person who ever stayed in it!
The staff was exceptionally friendly. We received a call shortly after arrival to see if there was anything that we needed.
Happy hour has $.50 drinks and light snack foods that could actually be a dinner if you chose.
Wish I could pick up this motel and take it other places with me.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple