“Very Nice Stay”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Sikeston
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Nice Stay”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Not having been to Sikeston before, I didn't know what to expect there, but I've stayed at Drury Inns before and liked them. This one stood out among them all and stood out among all the hotesl we stayed at on our vacation. Built in 2009, it is very clean, professional, up-to-date, and an all around good stay. Very nice pool and hot tub. The pool is 1/2 way inside the hotel, with the other 1/2 outside. You actually swim under the hotel wall/window to the outside. The only down side was that the outside tempearature affected the temperature of the water, so it was a little cooler than I like. But, no big deal. Nice exercise room and business center. The room was very comfortable, and we didn't even hear the noise from the nearby highway or carnival going on. Very conveniently located by the highway. We wanted to go to Lambert's and it was just about a 1/2 mile down the road. I would definitely stay here again. It is a beautiful facility, and our stay was very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
MotherofSocks
Reviewed June 22, 2011

The Drury is unquestionably the beat place to stay in Sikeston. They have queen sized beds and a very nice indoor pool and hot tub. Unfortunately, between the drinks at the hotel and the comfy beds, my husband and I never made it to the pool. The evening snacks were nice, although the chicken fingers didn't look thouroughly cooked. As someone else mentioned, there is only one bottle of a shampoo/ conditioner combo.
The hotel staff was very friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011
Cairo, Illinois
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I was disappointed in The Drury did not offer any tolietries only a single bottle of shampoo. also for this being a new hotel the bath towels were rather small and thin as were the face clothes to.my waste baskets were not dumped and the floor was not vaccumed.The room was nice and bed was confortable but for the price I think they could do better. the breakfast was great and the evening snack aslo.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Sikeston, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Thank you for your feedback! I apologize that you had an issue with your stay. I will address this with our housekeeping supervisor. I was happy to see that you did enjoy our other free amenities. We pride ourselves in having amenities that the other hotels don't have, like the free hot breakfast and the free evening hot food and beverages. I hope that you will come stay again in the future.
Carla Norman, General Manager
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Room was clean, evening snacks were a super bonus, breakfast was good and there was plenty. The hotel was clean and well maintained. Some "special" people parked at the front door and just left their car, made us unload in the rain, not the hotels fault, just some self centered people. Only drawback, I had to wait quite some time to check in, two staff and two other guests, no problem, but at no time was I greeted or even acknowledged. Just a simple smile or greeting would be enough. Otherwise the staff was great, the place was great, just not perfect, but do not let that keep you from staying at a Drury, the best in the business in my opinion.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 13, 2011

We love this property. When we're in town to visit family, we always stay here. Carla and her staff have always provided an uncommon level of careful and kind service. We've stayed here for years and will continue. We did notice during our last stay that even though we put the sheets on the floor after the second night, they were just put back on the beds. The pillow cases were pretty nappy. BTW--no Eco cards anywhere in the suite. We've also noticed that the carpet wasn't vacuumed during our whole 5 night stay. Still 5 stars Carla. I hope you'll fix the sheet dilemma. Rather stay with Drury than family..God love em. ;)

• Stayed December 2010
Malden, Missouri
Reviewed March 28, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. We took my little 10 year old girl and her 2 cousins age 10 and 12. The breakfast was very good. Eggs, sausage, bisquits and gravy, donuts, among other foods. The 5:30 meal was ok, No chicken strips or chicken wings as advertised, but they did have hotdogs, chili, baked potatoes, chips with free soda pop and mixed drinks. The hotel was busy with a pageant going on so lots of people. You could hear alot of what was going on outside your room, but it wasn't too bad. The room was comfortable; soft beds, nice clean room, large TV, fridge and microwave. The only real complaint I had was for such a big hotel chain they didnt have any extra pillows or blankets...so bring some if you think you'll need them. The staff was ok, not rude but not real helpful. We had to ask twice for our room to be cleaned. They also have a policy of not changing the sheets until the 4th day of your visit. It makes me wonder if they change them out between guests. Pretty good deal for the location, but it could be better. Also we could pull the blinds to the windows to block sunlight...wasn't an issue. Hope this helps.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Sikeston, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay with us at the Drury Inn & Suites Sikeston, MO. I was sorry to hear that you had some concerns during your stay with us. We did indeed have a pageant that weekend and we had several people and children in the hotel. It tends to get a little hectic during this type of event. I'm sorry about not having the extra pillows or blanket that you requested, I will talk with my staff to ensure this doesn't happen again. I am happy to see that you did partake of our free evening amenities. We have different menus for different days of the week and weekend. We served hot dogs and Chili, baked potatoes, salad, chips and dip on Friday and Saturday. The other days of the week we have something different. We are trying out a new menu to be sure we have something that everyone will enjoy, coming soon. We hope that the next time you stay with us we will have something different for you to try. We are a very ecological hotel, and we don't change the sheets in a stayover room every day, unless you put the ecology card provided to you in the room on your bed instructing us that you would like your linens changed. I assure you that we do change sheets after a guest checks out. We do have black out curtains behind the drapes in each room. If you ever run into a problem please call the desk and we will be happy to assist you with whatever questions you might have. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again. If you have any further questions or concerns don't hesitate to call. I will share this feedback with my team. Thanks, Carla Norman, General Manager
Lerna, Ill
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This hotel was great. It was clean, and the staff was personable. The evening happy hour with food was good and the morning breakfast was very good as well. Beds were comfortable. Pool is an indoor/outdoor combination that is very cool and hot tub was big enough for 6 people. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family