“Steaks Are Tough with Grizzle”
Review of The Steak Inn

The Steak Inn
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Shell Knob
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Their salad bar is delicious however I do not get why everyone brags on this steak eaterie. Steaks are overpriced and tough with grizzle!

1  Thank 60slover
There are newer reviews for The Steak Inn

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Even though its a little expensive its veryy good! I'm never dissapointed. The best salad bar that's always fresh. A must do in shell knob!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

We were celebrating our anniversary with friends and were told that "The Steak Inn" was the best steak house in the area. NOT! We were seated immediately with no menus to review. Then after about 5 minutes a guy comes and lights the candles on the table. Then after another 5 minutes or so they bring menus. Then another 10 minutes or so later the waitress comes with water and FINALLY takes our cocktail order. Then 10-15 minutes later our drinks arrive and she take our food order. I asked about the quality of the lobster and she tells me before I consider it the price. Lobster is expensive, DUH, but the price was outrageous; And I still don't know if it would have been worth it. Guess what I didn't order it. She doesn't return to the table at all until the food comes 30 minutes later. Yes, no other service and no other rounds. So much for relaxing with friends and enjoying our dinner, To be fair the food was pretty good, But the service was lousy and the waitress was about as friendly as a pitbull. I won't be back. First impressions are important to me and I will find another restaurant that wants my business.

5  Thank syndicolvin
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I arrived at opening time (5:00) on Valentines Day and still had to wait 40minutes for a table because of all the patrons who arrived early. Is this place popular or what? To their credit, they saw the line of people and started seating and serving 15 minutes early. TIP:They take reservations only if you have a party of six or more. I had the 11 oz. sirloin, my partner had fish. She loved her fish. My steak was good other than that it was not served hot enough for my taste. The one trip salad bar was fresh and had an adequate variety of choices. The baked sweet potato costs extra but was large and perfectly cooked. The service was excellent despite the restaurant being overflowing. The prices were very reasonable. We don't drink, but the bill for two of us (including tax and tip) was a tad under $40

2  Thank CoachBChicago
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Amazing flavor from the way they cook the steaks. I have never ordered anything on the menu other than a Porterhouse, NY strip, Ribeye or Filet. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Sue at the front door is amazing, so nice. I can't eat steak anwhere else after eating here, because it all tasts sub-standard.

1  Thank smile311