“NEW MANAGEMENT GREAT EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Timbers Resort and Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shell Knob
Timbers Resort and Lodge
Manhattan, Kansas, United States
“NEW MANAGEMENT GREAT EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Our family just spent a few nights at The Timbers and loved it! There is a new manager named Mike who is the nicest guy you will ever meet. He made us feel so welcome. He even took us fishing on the dock and we had a blast (even caught some fish)! The Timbers is extra clean and a great location. We have a boat and the waterskiing was great. They even have docks to keep your boat or just run up to your cabin to make lunch or jump in the hot tub! The town is only 2 miles away and very convenient. Our family would highly recommend The Timbers and plan to return. Sandy

Room Tip: The lodge is well worth the cost if you have a big group, it is huge!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bbutler2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Overall this property is nice. When viewing pictures on Facebook or the website you can be slightly misled. Not all cabins are as nice as the ones pictured (especially the 3 bedroom/two bath cabin, cabin #6) "Three bedrooms" is misleading...be sure to look at floor plan carefully as you must walk through one bedroom to get to the other downstairs. If you are looking for three private bedrooms, this cabin is not for you. This cabin also has a sleeper sofa that might be from the 1980's and a very small living area. When we were disappointed upon the arrival the manager did accommodate us and our concerns but she was not nice about it. She wasn't nice about anything. If you can arrive on the property and avoid dealing with her (which is hard as she was also the one to check us in) your stay is sure to be better. The four bedroom cabin (#15) had an updated sofa and love seat and four individual bedrooms each with their own door. The downstairs bathroom was nice while the upstairs bathroom could use some updates. Cabin is nice size and accommodates six in the living area very comfortably. A new face in management would have me returning and cautiously recommending the resort to everyone...the experience I had assures I will never return. As a customer, I don't deserve to be treated with short, rude, eye rolling comments that make me feel like my concerns are out of line. Give the resort a call and ask a simple question before you book...the vibe you get from her on the phone will multiply ten fold in person.

Room Tip: Visit website to view the map of the resort. Make note of play area - most cabins are nestled nicely...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank stayathomemom212
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family of four stayed at the Timbers for 5 days/4 nights and had a wonderful experience. Our cabin was 3 bedrooms and one bath. Each of my teenagers had their own room which kept a peaceful household! My husband and I had the loft bedroom with King size bed which was fantastic! The cabin was extremely clean and had everything we needed. The full kitchen was a real plus because we brought our groceries and didn't have to spend money eating out. The kitchen was equipped with all the necessities such as pots, pans, utensils, coffee maker, toasters, etc. We spent a few days boating on the lake and loved returning to the cool comfort of the cabin, hot showers, and cable television. The porch swing made for a peaceful moment in the mornings with our coffee. My kids enjoyed the pool and I saw the hot tub although I didn't use it during this visit. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. We will definitely be returning to the Timbers!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Glenda M
Springfield, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

Stayed here recently for a women's weekend. The cabin was spotless. Very clean. Very charming. Beautiful setting. Well maintained grounds. As we were going to bed, one of the ladies went to shut the lamp off and there was a loud "boom" and the electricity shut off. I saw sparks, a large arc, and smelled smoke immediately. Once we got the breaker shut off and the power back on, we realized that the plug in to the lamp had been blown completely off of the cord to the lamp. There was a phone charger plugged in also and it was burned and damaged. I immediately called the office and no one answered. I called back and woke up the manager from her sleep (it was around midnight). She was extremely irritated that I called. She was not the least bit concerned, she did not offer to come down and check on things, she did not send anyone from maintenance to check on things. When we went to the office to check out the next morning she was rude, inconsiderate, and had not the least bit of sympathy. We were a bunch of women who knew nothing about electricity, power, fire, etc. and were scared to go to sleep. While it probably wasn't a big deal (I'm not sure if it was or not), we didn't know that. She did not apologize and did not offer to replace the ruined charger. I was SHOCKED at the way the situation was handled and regardless of how pretty it was I will never go back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Sarah W
TimbersLodge, Owner at Timbers Resort and Lodge, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
"Sara W. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. I totally understand your frustration. I was made aware of the problem with the outlet, but I didn't know about your charger or the way your were treated. I would like to make this right. Please provide me with the best way to get in touch with you email me at jefferyaschoen@gmail.com. We will be addressing your concerns with our staff. Thank you."
Carthage
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

The cabins are cozy with almost everything you would need available. There are lots of amenities on site~ we had fun swimming in the heated pool and playing horse shoes. The kids made good use of the play ground. Unfortunately, hospitality was sorely lacking. The manager seemed irritated by our presence as if it bothered her to have guests. We were disappointed in that aspect and would have liked to have a place to recommend to others considering that the facilities are really all you could want.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
White River Lodge
White River Lodge
#1 of 1 in Blue Eye
Bluegreen Vacations Paradise Point, Ascend Resort Collection

Been to Timbers Resort and Lodge? Share your experiences!