Econo Lodge Truman Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Sedalia
Reviewed February 14, 2012

My family stayed here for 1 night for my daughter's traveling volleyball team. Our team was to receive a block of rooms at a reduced price, but when we arrived, I was told since the entire block of rooms was not reserved, we had to pay full price. Should have left then, but didn't since it was only for 1 night. The hotel was out of date, smoky, dirty, pool was small, beds were hard, no remote for our tv, window unit ran all night -- it was either too hot, or too cold. Our bathroom was disgusting (a blood spot on the wall, pee on the toilet) Should have left, but we decided to stick it out since I had already signed an agreement to pay the full price when I checked in. Big mistake! Will never stay here or at another Econo Lodge again! The only good thing about it was the attached restaurant -- El Espolon!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Kelly400

Reviewed December 3, 2011

I travel for work and should have know better and checked trip advisor before booking. If it had not been for that fact that I rode with other people I would have left this place as soon as I checked in. They switched room to a single queen handicap room. When I told the Manager that the room was not what I booked and did not want a room with only a shower, she was rude and tried to blame me for it. Upon getting a room with a tub (nasty looking and no way going to take a bath in it) I informed the front desk that the toilet did not work to where I had to remove top and pull on float each time I flushed. I said IT WILL BE Fixed the next day. Long story short it wasen't, went to front desk again, she said she would send maintenance to the room. Over 2 hours later no service person and again back to front desk where the Manager was rude to me again. I would ever treat a customer this way and they obiously don't give a crap what guests think. If you have no other choice, drive to another town or just stay in your car and avoid this hotel at all costs.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Tracy M
Reviewed July 29, 2011

WHAT A JOKE! Upon arriving, i signed a registration card for a specific amount plus tax. Getting my reciept the next morning, manager crossed out my rate, added another 95.00, and charged my card out at that rate. Girl at desk said it was because I had reserved a suite. Told her that I reserved that suite at that rate. I had to call choice hotels, and choice hotels had to call both her and the manager to explain to them why they could not do that. Choice told them to credit my card back. I dont know what they did, because instead I ended up with a $380.00 authorization hold on my card. Then the manager said my card was declining for the original amount. I told her I could not help her with her job as I had a statement with a $380 hold from their property. She tried to make me feel criminal, tried to make me go get cash! No way! Take it from the $380.00 auth hold! Its very hard to get answers from a manager who can barely speak English. Those people need a class in American business ettiquette, and a couple of cans of raid, as i killed my first ever cockroach in their supposed "suite"....

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank catmonkey22
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Just completed a stay and here is what we found - no king bed hotels at check in (but listed as available on the web site), gum stains in the carpet, outdoor lock did not work (security issue), quit was badly work and torn in places, no table lamp, no electrical outlets available to plug in ANYTHING, hot breakfast is a laughable description, HVAC unit constantly cycled - fan high, fan low, cool on, cool off, ice machine leaked for two days and soaked the hall way carpet. had better rooms at the red roof for 60 dollars. Will never return to this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank curryklan
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stayed here last year and wrote a review. A lot of times when you take the time to write a review you think it's just for the hotel patrons but this time the owners actually took what I commented on to heart. I read some of the latest reviews and thought they were so bad that maybe new owners had taken over. This was not the case, matter of fact it was the total opposite. I came back and they had put in an indoor pool with hottub and sauna! The complaint I had with the towels having holes in them...gone, they got new towels. People just as nice as I remember and my room was clean with frig and microwave. Another big change was they are remodeling the restraunt and bar. It's suppose to be done by mid August. Good thing there are plenty of places to eat all within a mile and 4 across the street. The location is golden! Bottom line...It's not the Ritz but it's a great deal for the money! Do yourself a favor and give this place a chance. If you have any problems tell the owners, They live right on site! And with all the changes they've made, it's apparent they do listen. Last but not least write about your stay because people deserve to know that this place is worth the money! Happy Travels Lo

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Promised things that were not there...Lounge and Rest. closing down. NOT a pleasant stay. WAY over priced for what you get.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank picketfence14
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Check your towels for pubes!! This hotel has nasty towels and is just not taken care of! Don't stay here if you can help it!

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank bbreitenbach
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedalia
Comfort Inn Sedalia Station
#1 of 2 in Knob Noster
Super 7 Motel
Super 7 Motel
#5 of 8 in Sedalia

Been to Econo Lodge Truman Inn? Share your experiences!