“Very pleased with service”
Review of American Inn

American Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Sedalia
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed at American Inn for 7 days, my stay was very peacful.the housekeeper has given me room services everyday according to my time. the staff services i got was awesome.
the best thing i like about this hotel is location and very clean rooms.
very pleased with my room and service i got.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel from outside is small and outdoor entrance. We ask in office to see room with one bed, we were pleased with nice room and very updated rooms. Nice micro fridge in the room with a coffee maker in the room as we'll .
One thing I like about is the location of this hotel, it's right in middle of city, were everything is convenient.
Very enjoyable stay, I recommend this hotel for senior citizen for low budget.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I came with my family for reunion and stayed at American inn.
Upon staying at hotel rooms was very updated. Beds are very comfortable looks like they have just been replaced. Location of hotel is awesome.
Very nice stay I recommend this hotel to my friends and everybody looking for comfortable stay with low budget.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Do NOT stay here. I called to check rate of room for my husband and was told $40, but was charged $60 per night. My husband took some shampoo off the maids cart (couldn't ask any of the help because they were busy with a police officer about a theft from one of the rooms) and when they cleaned the room the next day they took it back and told us we need to ask first. Did not get a itemized receipt, just the credit card receipt. I think they use illegal mexican workers too. Very deceptive hotel. Do NOT recommend.

Room Tip: Always get a email confirming a low rate.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MsJ772013
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I reserved a room on June 27th, 2013 for the Date of Service August 17th, 2013 at a rate of $43.00 online directly with the Hotel website.(http://american-inn-sedalia.magnusonhotels.com/) This is during the Missouri State Fair, therefore the rate was exceptionally low. I called the hotel on July 19th,2013 to verify the reservation and the rate, and was told "No need to verify if booked online. There are several rooms still available." I asked the attendant to verify for me. Reluctantly, she told me the room was reserved for me.
This afternoon, August 17th, 2013, I arrived to fill my reservation and was told I was "not on the list". I presented the attendant with a copy of my printed reservation, with handwritten notes concerning the July 17th phone call, and was told there was nothing they could do, there are no rooms available. The attendant also stated "there is no way we would rent a room that low during the State Fair.
I asked the attendant if she could help me find another room in town, she refused to give me any information.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amelia S
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Booked using Orbit and requested late arrival. Called afternoon of reservation to again remind of late arrival and they had no reservation for me, but did have a room available. Upon presenting them with the printed emails from Orbit, they did accept my already paid for reservation. TV remote did not work, toilet ran all the time, tub/shower took all night to drain and the breakfast this is advertised does not exist. Directly south is a Wendy's and directly north is a Burger King so they could at least provide breakfast vouchers for either place. The owners vehicle camps out under the drive thru canopy designed for customers to use when checking. The Handicap parking spot in front of our door was occupied by managment as wellm Bed was fine and the AC worked, but I expect more for $96.04.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank JodyFuller
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Booked room thru Mo Hotels.com, all other hotels in area were booked so decided to stay here despite the negative reviews. Only needed a bed for 2 nights while there for an event. Went to the hotel to get room and they said they did not have the reservation despite me having the printed receipt in hand, refused to help just said they did not have paperwork and did not care if I did. We called cusomer service for MO Hotels.com and they had the reservation so they called the hotel and the hotel once again refused to honor the reservation and said they did not have it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Janet D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedalia
Econo Lodge Truman Inn
Laci's Country Inn
#1 of 2 in Knob Noster
Hotel Bothwell, an Ascend Collection hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sedalia

Been to American Inn? Share your experiences!