“Wonderful legendary Hotel Bothwell” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Bothwell, an Ascend Collection hotel

Hotel Bothwell, an Ascend Collection hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Sedalia
“Wonderful legendary Hotel Bothwell”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

After our last HILTON farce disaster (please DO read MY REVIEW) we decided to venture to other hotels.

Last night we stayed at the legendary Hotel Bothwell located in Sedalia, Missouri and although updated, many of the original restored including bellhop elevator, brass mail box (Mail picked up today)! clean, comfy room, air conditioned, amazing friendly front desk employee personnel (Becca), yummy continental breakfast.

So much history throughout including visits of guests of Harry S. Truman, Bette Davis & Clint Eastwood.

I would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Heather O, General Manager at Hotel Bothwell, an Ascend Collection hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our Hotel. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the Hotel Bothwell. I will be sure to tell Becca about your kind comments. We take pride in making sure that the hotel is up to date, and has all the latest amenities, while still ensuring that we leave as many original items as possible. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Heather Offield
Hotel Bothwell
(660)826-5588

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
St. Thomas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Loved this place! Everything was absolutely perfect, the ENTIRE staff was great and the room was beautiful and very clean! I found the size of the room just fine, I had a queen sized room. I especially loved the spa...I only spent a few hours there however I would have spent the ENTIRE DAY if I could...and on my next trip there I WILL! This is probably my best hotel experience...EVER!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for all of the wonderful comments! I will be sure to let my staff know, and to make sure we keep up the good work! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our new Spa, and that you will be returning! We look forward to seeing you again!

Heather Offield
(660)826-5588
Pearland, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Room was small which should not be unexpected due to the era of this building!! The building is redone beautifully. The continental breakfast had hot coffee, bagels and muffins that were most likely prepared in the restaurant. Best of all was the wonderful, welcoming staff who were very willing to help out in whatever way they could to make the stay even more pleasant. It was also very clean and well kept.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
South Fulton, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed for the Sheep sale held there each year. Extremely comfortable beds bonus breakfast we were not expecting was a welcome surprise. We will stay there again. Washer did not work one night but I was able to fix it by resetting the GFC plug.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

This hotel was so great I may go out of the way or back even when not on vacation! It was amazing from the moment you walk in the door the staff is friendly, great interior design, perfect rooms.. Perfect!! The best beds I've ever slept on super soft, nice space and quiet:) I will be back hopefully soon !!

• Stayed June 2014
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Had a great time at Hotel Bothwell. My husband and I spent two nights there to take advantage of biking the Katy Trail. The room was too small for us and two bicycles, but they stored our bikes in their basement. The next time we come for the Katy Trail, we will stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rebecca857
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I just needed a place to stay one night. I was driving to Tennessee. I was very happy with my stay. I stayed in a queen room. My only complaint was it was an extremely cold night and my room was drafty. I was in an end unit with 2 windows on a high floor. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The bed was comfortable and the ambiance of the hotel is worth it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Aussiedogg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedalia
Comfort Inn Sedalia Station
Laci's Country Inn
Laci's Country Inn
#1 of 2 in Knob Noster
Americas Best Value Inn- Knob Noster

Been to Hotel Bothwell, an Ascend Collection hotel? Share your experiences!