“The best stay I've ever had!”

Hotel Bothwell, an Ascend Collection hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Sedalia
“The best stay I've ever had!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This hotel was so great I may go out of the way or back even when not on vacation! It was amazing from the moment you walk in the door the staff is friendly, great interior design, perfect rooms.. Perfect!! The best beds I've ever slept on super soft, nice space and quiet:) I will be back hopefully soon !!

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Had a great time at Hotel Bothwell. My husband and I spent two nights there to take advantage of biking the Katy Trail. The room was too small for us and two bicycles, but they stored our bikes in their basement. The next time we come for the Katy Trail, we will stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rebecca857
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I just needed a place to stay one night. I was driving to Tennessee. I was very happy with my stay. I stayed in a queen room. My only complaint was it was an extremely cold night and my room was drafty. I was in an end unit with 2 windows on a high floor. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The bed was comfortable and the ambiance of the hotel is worth it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Aussiedogg
Shawnee Mission
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I had a wee bit of trouble syncing the hot and cold water for a shower. The temperature would fluctuate a little too much. That's my only complaint.
We loved the 20's architecture. The service was great. Special kudos to Lexi and Whitney. They made us feel special and welcome. We were there for 2 nights. Next time, and there will be a next time' we'll eat in the dining room. It looks wonderful.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Huskerthedog
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed here mid-April on a Saturday for one night. Had to attend an event in nearby Warrensburg but all hotels were booked there, so we camped in Sedalia.

We prefer to stay away from chain hotels when we travel for non-business. It is a beautiful historic hotel and the rooms reflect that. Don’t go expecting a modern feel to the room, but do expect a comfortable and clean room with modern amenities, and a very cool feeling that you have stepped back in time to experience a piece of history. Would definitely stay here again if we needed to be in the Sedalia area. It would be a nice choice if you are looking for something different and special to celebrate an occasion.

Our only minor disappointment was the breakfast—and this is partially our bad for not asking the right questions. We assumed that the restaurant would be open for breakfast on Sunday, and it wasn’t. The hotel serves a complimentary continental breakfast, which was honestly one of the poorest quality hotel comp breakfasts we have ever experienced. So if you stay here and having a satisfying breakfast is important to you, make sure to ask if the restaurant is serving and—if not—scope out some other options in Sedalia.

Finally, one general note on Sedalia: as a native Missourian, I was personally sad to see that the “life” of Sedalia seems to have migrated to the major highway loaded with chain restaurants and some chain hotels. The original town square in which the Bothwell is located has some beautiful architecture and seems like it would be a great place to revive. We saw a few places that seemed to be headed in the right direction, but for the most part it was very quiet for a Saturday night. Maybe it was just the timing of our visit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Holton, Kansas
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed in a King Suite that had a large room and two bathrooms. We ate at the ivory grill and strolled around the downtown looking at the neat architecture. Good enough for Truman and good enough for me. You cannot go wrong in taking that special someone here and having a great night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dennis W
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My stay at the Hotel Bothwell was excellent. The staff was very professional and positive. I was checked in by Alix who was fast and informative and answered all my questions. The next morning Lexi checked me out and was very thoughtful. The beds were super soft and the room was just the right size for me. Although, the shower was a bit small. I highly suggest this hotel to others.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedalia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sedalia
Laci's Country Inn
Laci's Country Inn
#1 of 2 in Knob Noster
Americas Best Value Inn- Knob Noster

Been to Hotel Bothwell, an Ascend Collection hotel? Share your experiences!