“Worst noisey hotel ever!”

Hotel Bothwell, an Ascend Collection hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Sedalia
Saint Clair, Missouri, United States
“Worst noisey hotel ever!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel twice. Once back in May while my wife and I were on a bicycle trip and last night. In May we atayed on a Sunday night. We were 2 of very few who stayed that night. One reason I know there were very few who stayed was because the next day we talked to some bicyclists who were turned away because the front desk told them that they did NOT have any more CLEAN rooms because they had a convention there that weekend and did not have enough staff to clean the rooms. The reason that we had a room was because I had made a reservation ahead of time. SO if you want to stay at this hotel on a Sunday, make sure you book ahead.
As I said earlier we stayed here last night. We have a daughter who attends the local community college. We have come for visits at times and have always stayed at the Holiday Inn Express here in Sedalia. However, I waited too long to book and decided to book the Bothwell since their site showed that there was ONE room left. THAT should have been my first clue.
Let me first say that the Bothwell is a very historic building. Quite quant and seems to be well maintained for a building its age. That being said, the walls are paper-thin and this fact was cery evident on this night. People were slamming doors and yelling and screaming until well after 3:00 am. I understand that the front desk people tried somewhat to tell people to quiet down, but they pretty much were ignored. I will be registering a compliant. I will let you know how that goes.
So my advise is okay to stay on a week night but avoid this hotel like the plague on a weekend if you like to sleep while you stay at a hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Paul H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

I held my wedding reception at the hotel Bothwell and could not possibly have been more pleased. The staff from catering to bartenders to maintenance were all superb. The event hall was absolutely stunning. They made every accommodation to ensure that I had everything I needed for the perfect weekend. Then I had many many guests who had rooms they loved. My sister had a suite perfect for her family, and my bridesmaid had a single room that she said was absolutely wonderful. We had the unbelievable tub suite with a huge double sleigh bed, a huge hot tub and lovely bathroom. I reccomended the Hotel Bothwell to all of my out of town guests.

• Stayed September 2012
Payson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I been to his hotel many times. Me and my gf actually lived at one of the apartments they have at the hotel. Paid monthly. But this place was a wonderful place. Never wanted to leave lol. The staff and managers are sweet people. I really believe once you go there you will enjoy and love the place too. Its protected too a safe place.

• Stayed November 2011
Fulton, Missouri, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Bothwell on a Saturday night with no reservation. We were riding the Katy Trail and chose to stay there on a whim. They were very helpful and made us feel so welcome. Very bike friendly for those who are riding the Katy. The rooms were awesome, the beds comfortable, and the area interesting.We actually had two bathrooms in our room! There were plenty of places to eat within walking distance. We will be back for sure!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
sanibel
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We loved the historic hotel. We biked the kay trail and stayed in September, 2012. The room was clean and inviting. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming.
The breakfast was very minimal but enough to keep us biking for the morning.
We give this rating as excellent and happy to do it.
We love to give good reviews when deserved and this one deserves a gold star.
Oh, I almost forgot - the rate we paid was excellent.

Room Tip: We were travelling with 5 other couples. No one complained about their stay. We heard great comment...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We bicycled the Katy Trial and stayed at Hotel Bothwell in Sedalia MO. Staff was very helpful with our bikes and the room was very clean. This is a historic hotel and very quaint. Good places to eat are close by within easy walking distance. The entire downtown area is also quite historic. The only negative was the included breakfast...not quite up to par with other hotel chains but was enough to get us down the trail.

Room Tip: The third floor is supposedly haunted if that is your thing...we stayed on the fourth and it was ver...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is a fabulous hotel in historic Sedalia. We traveled to Sedalia to enjoy the State Fair and stayed at the Bothwell. Our room was comfortable, clean, fresh, and very charming. Our bed was so comfortable and the room was quiet. Plenty of soaps, shampoos, and extras included in the room. Breakfast was ok and the reason for less than 5 stars, just waffles and bagels. And the space it is served in is small. If we had not been in a hurry we likely would have skipped it and found some place in town to have breakfast. There is a bar/restaurant open for dinner that we did not experience. It is unfortunate they do not offer breakfast. The staff is very friendly and it was obvious they cared about their guests and providing exceptional customer service. We will definitely return to stay at the Hotel Bothwell again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julie S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedalia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sedalia
Laci's Country Inn
Laci's Country Inn
#1 of 2 in Knob Noster
Americas Best Value Inn- Knob Noster

Been to Hotel Bothwell, an Ascend Collection hotel? Share your experiences!