“Very Friendly”

Colton's Steak House and Grill
Ranked #9 of 103 Restaurants in Sedalia
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were in Sedalia to vist our son and his fiance. We also were theere to meet her parents for the first time. We took them to dinner. It was good food and the waiter Gaige was very pleasant and helpful. It was a little cool in there but not too bad and Gaige had them turn the air down for us. We will go there again on our next visit.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I ate here on a Friday night. We both ordered ribeye steak. Much to our suprise it was cooked to perfection we had some of the best steak we have ever eaten!! No kidding!! Great waitress too.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

They even delivered during the severe snow storm over to the hotel
We went to the resturant a day or two after the storm to eat in the
resturant it was wonderful

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very impressed with quality, presentation and concern from waitrss about steak being cooked right. Not to impressed with the atmosphere trying to eat while the tv is tuned to some sports activity. Didnt like that part at all. I dont belive a tv should be in any restaurant. The salads were excellent too. Not sure about the steak knives they provide. They look like a caveman tool.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I hate here twice over a three week period, The first time I order the Del Rio Ribeye, the food took a long time but the waiter was very friendly and kept stopping by to check on us, I ordered it medium rare, upon arriving the waiter had me check the steak,it was cooked medium well. He offered me a new steak but I didn't want to wait for it. My coworker who I was dining with also ordered his steak medium rare, he was beyond well done, very dry. He sent his back but waited an additional 20 minutes for a new steak that was still over cooked. Both of our steak had a "fishy, seafood" taste to them, like they had been stored or cooked right by shrimp or fish and seemed to be very dry. The waiter did give us a free appetizer for our troubles.
I decided to give Coltons a second chance as all the reviews I read were top notch, this time I sat at the bar, the service was great, and so was the margarita I ordered. My steak came out medium rare and was served very quickly. The flavor was much better and was much more juicy.
Both times visiting the wait staff was great, very friendly and very apologetic about the problems. Judging by other reviews my first visit must have been an off night