“Service, atmosphere, and awesome food!!”
Review of McGrath's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
McGrath's
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This place brings back lots of memories. I loved it when it was located downtown as the Old Missouri Homestead. That was decades ago, but their fine food and service followed them along to McGrath's. Their steaks are grilled on the same vertical grills that were used downtown and it does make a difference. Their prime rib is the best in town.
The bartender made one of the best Manhattan's that we have had in a long time.
The server suggested the heated Honey mustard dressing that is made in house. This dressing was awesome.
All this fine food and service for a super reasonable price.
We aren't in Sedalia much anymore, but we will certainly come back to McGrath's when we are. You won't find a better place than this between Kansas City and Columbia.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I feel so comfortable when I go to McGraths. It is somewhat outdated but for me it is warm and inviting and I just really like being there....can't put my finger on why. I notice a lot of older wealthy couples from Marshall and Sedalia that have probably gone there for years and it is familiar to them so they continue going. Unfortunately the food needs some updating and help. My husband loves the prime rib but I have had the ribeye and the tilapia. I was not impressed with the Ribeye and the Tilapia was undercooked. My baked potato was not fresh at all. Could tell it had been kept warm for quite some time. There is so much I like about it but unfortunately the food is not impressive. I will go back because I love the atmosphere but I wish they would evaluate the quality of their product.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Was looking forward to experience but was disappointed by average food. Was surprised there was no beer on tap. Wine list was limited.
Service was attentive and timely.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The staff was friendly, the prices were reasonable, and the prime rib was excellent. This was a slow night and the regular bartender was gone. I received a vodka martini rather than gin. Other than that it was a fine experience. This is a place a single woman traveler can eat at and feel comfortable.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

This restaurant has nice ambiance and good service. Their beef is very good. But, I don't understand why they serve canned vegetables with the entre. Haven't they heard of nice fresh vegetable cooked al dente?