“I was heartbroken, it was a holiday and you were closed.”

Mighty Melt Sandwich and Spud Shop
Ranked #40 of 103 Restaurants in Sedalia
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is my favorite place to eat when I visit my folks back home. The bread on the sandwiches is amazing, I crave it. I was in town for New Years and only around on the holiday itself -- unfortunately (for me) they were closed on New Years Day.

Seriously - the next 30 minutes in the car I was talking with my wife about other options to get a sandwich (leave late the next day and cut our flight home a bit close, fed-ex a sandwich back to Pennsylvania on ice, I know that when someone donates an organ couriers put it in little ice chests and bring it to the hospital.. maybe that can be done in an inexpensive manner....)

Long story short, I didn't get to eat there this time. I did in September and love it. The bread is so unique that you have to stop here on any visit. I love you guys.

There are newer reviews for Mighty Melt Sandwich and Spud Shop

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I love their mini originals. The are made with a special kind of bread and all the toppings are melted together. Yummy. I haven't had anything else there, but I would bet it would be good!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I love their bread, fresh baked daily. The sandwiches are fabulous and this has been a favorite place of mine to stop in whenever I am in the area for over 25 years. The variety of sandwiches and salads and soups and potatoes with endless toppings...yummy! My favorite sandwich is the turkey on white and the potatoe soup is to die for! Everyone that works there is always very friendly too! If you go on Saturday though you gotta go before 4...I believe that is when they close.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Every time I am in Sedalia I have to eat at Mighty Melt. They have the BEST sandwiches I have ever had. They have been in business for at least 20 years in this town and for good reason. Order the original. The veggie is also good if you are a vegetarian. The bread they use is the best as well. You've gotta try it!

Reviewed August 8, 2011

One of the best sandwich's you will ever eat. Always fresh and hot. Great soup and baked potatoes too!