“No Skimpin' Here !!!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Whenever you're passing through or visiting Sedalia and looking for a place to eat, you got to stop here. When all the tables are full, that certainly is an indication people come here for a reason. Our party of four each had different choices off the menu and it was thumbs up from all four of us after we devoured our choice......a pork tenderloin with all the trimmings, several kinds of burgers, and their Keyde salad. When you go there, ask for Tammy......she's the kind of waitress you want....informative on choices, kind, smiling, has a personality, and gives you that customer service that makes you want all waitresses to strive for.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Part of the Restaurant is in an old Kansas City rail car the other area is a regular dining room. The BBQ was very good, ribs,brisket, pulled pork. Their own sauce regular and spicy. The portions are ample. Their deserts are family receipts. Their peanut butter pie is to die for!!! ENJOY

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I love BBQ and was really looking forward to eating at this local hot spot. The BBQ was average at best, I had burnt ends. The order of curly fries was enormous and feed all 4 of us. My kids had a chicken sandwich and hamburger, both were very good. I wish we had room for the desserts--they looked wonderful. But we didn't have room after all the junk food at the fair. As other reviews mention, the service was ok--nothing too great and lacked that hospitality I expected from the locals.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

If you find yourself at the Missouri State Fair or for any other reason, you need to stop here for dinner. We called ahead for reservations, 10 of us and they had our tables ready for us when we got there. Some of our group had been there before, they live in Sedalia, and said we would not be disappointed. We were not. I had the Fajita Posh Potato. I have been many places but this is a first. What a meal. All the major food groups in this thing. We had cold beer in frosted mugs, sweat tea that was good and everyone had something different. The folks that had the BBQ were satisfied with it, the cat fish was very good. On top of that the server was friendly and accommodating. The place has a interesting decor and you can even sit in a real rail car if you want. Will we go back? You bet we will. If you go, think about the Posh Potato.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We love to go to Kehde's for just about any occasion or no occasion. They have such a great selection of food and a casual atmosphere with historic pictures, decorations & the old train car. My favorite is the Society, a bbq ends & pieces sandwich or potato. The appetizers, salads, side dishes & desserts are wonderful. We have a history with the Kehde's. My husband worked for them as a teen when they were Dog 'n Suds about 45 years ago. It's great to see old friends, too.

Been to Kehde's Barbeque? Share your experiences!