“Awful Management, Crooked Morals”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sedalia
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Sedalia
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Terrible customer service, Their incompetence booked my reservation incorrectly & did not have room available to me as a Priority Club Platinum.

Promised to cancel the room & then charged my credit card. Lied to my face, and refused to refund the money for their mistake in booking that left me with no room.

Terrible people, terrible hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Joejoe24
Holiday S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sedalia, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

We ask for your cancellation number and we would be happy to refund it , when you book a room you have till 6 pm to cancel day of arrival and that was not done so therefore we held the room for you so we had to charge .

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed one night while away on business. I arrived late after a long day and checking in was fast which I appreciated. They gave me a menu for Colton's restaurant which is right next to the hotel and I was on my way to the room on 3rd floor. The room was really nice. The bed was super comfortable and big, microwave, small fridge, tv, nice sitting area with couch. The only negative was that the next morning, the shower didn't have hot water, only barely warm. I let it run for 5 minutes thinking that it would get hotter but it didn't. The tv remote was kind of fussy to operate, you had to point it in a specific direction. Other than that, it was a nice room and facility. Oh and Colton's has excellent food. They delivered and didn't even charge a delivery fee. They have the best rolls I think I've ever tasted. Bravo to them. I will stay here again. I think the hot water issue was probably a fluke or temporary issue. Nice place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Holiday S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sedalia, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for your kind review, the hot water issue was a temporary problem that was immediately fixed. Hope to see you back soon. Safe travels to you.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stay at the Holiday Inn for business and find the accommodations nice. There is good WiFi and a nice breakfast bar. The room is adequate with choice of bed sizes and a decent shower. The warm cookies are also great at check in. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
Holiday S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sedalia, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for the kind words that were stated in your review. A lot of our guests look forward to the warm cookies especially after a long day at work. We try very had at making our guests feel at home away from home.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I always stay at this hotel while on business in Sedalia, most recently from March 4-6. The hotel is very comfortable, has a great and friendly staff and a good breakfast selection. All at reasonable rates. The hotel is close to numerous restaurants and shopping. Although I have never used the pool/hot tub, they always look clean and inviting. The fitness room is was not large but served the purpose for getting a little cardio.
It is a typical H I ex, but the staff make it that much better. Thanks again for the great stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind review. We take pride in ourselves for being a very clean hotel and love when guests take special notice in this. Thank you for your kind words about our great staff. I will pass it along to them.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

At this hotel the staff; Geneva at the front desk and as always the effervescent woman who runs the breakfast dinning area, and any other staff member that I've engaged with have been a pleasure or at minimum professional and pleasant (this is a high bar indeed). House-keeping or cleaning staff took good care of my room without disturbing my personal items; i.e., things I've laid out on the desk or room table; they also followed the proper protocol when I left a towel hanging on the shower rod and did not take the soap that I had opened and would continue to use during my stay - however they did provide a new supply of soap, etc. in addition to the stuff I had opened/used. I've had multiple stays at this location and would recommend it to anyone traveling and stopping in Sedalia, MO.

Room Tip: For something local eat at Le Marie's Cajun restaurant and KEHDE's Barbeque. Then Colton...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the kind review. We have an amazing staff that we try very hard to keep up to the high standards that our guests expect from us. Again thank you and we can't wait for you to visit again!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed at this location on a two week business trip and enjoyed the clean modern rooms and friendly hotel staff. The morning breakfast was particularly good and the staff providing the morning meal brought a positive atmosphere to all those served. I really appreciated the fact that the breakfast was out and ready to be served by 6 a.m. This is a luxury not always offered by other places and really helps those who are on the go early in the morning. Great experience and would recommend a stay to anyone traveling or working in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor may be a bit quiter
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Holiday S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sedalia, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how we are doing .

Reviewed February 4, 2014

It is always a pleasure to check in at Sedalia Holiday Inn Express. Front desk lady is always pleasant and accommodating. Room is always perfect. The breakfast lady is the best there is. Everything always fresh, hot and breakfast room is spotless clean. This is the place we always stay on our occasional visits to the Sedalia area. This time caught in an ice storm, and got excellent delivery service form the very good Coltons next door.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Holiday S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sedalia, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your wonderful time here at the hotel and will pass on to the staff . Again thank you

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedalia
Comfort Inn Sedalia Station
Hotel Bothwell, an Ascend Collection hotel
Best Western State Fair Inn
Econo Lodge Truman Inn
Econo Lodge Truman Inn
#6 of 8 in Sedalia
Comfort Inn Warrensburg Station
Fairfield Inn & Suites Warrensburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sedalia? Share your experiences!