“a great overall experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sainte Genevieve
Inn St Gemme Beauvais
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We recently stayed at the Inn for two nights over a weekend, and had a great time . The Inn is beautifully decorated , and is spotless. Jon, Cathy, and Janet were wonderful, and willing to answer any question we asked. The breakfast was over the top for most B&B's, with a varied selection available every morning, be sure to try the stuffed french toast, ooh la la! The Inn suffered a fire several years ago, and has been beautifully restored, with modern ammenities. My wife and I highly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper floors are probably a little more quiet ,we stayed in Odile's room which...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bob s

Reviewed March 25, 2012

The lodgings and restaurant were wonderful. We ate at the restaurant on Friday and prayed for a cancellation on Saturday so we could eat there again. Jon, Cathy, & Janet make the experience special by always calling you by name, and remembering your preferences at meals. Jon helped us to plan our day on Saturday and a new route back home on Sunday. Make sure you make reservations for at least one meal at the restaurant.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Memories at Dr. Herrick's house - an annex of the Inn. I would like to stay i...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy B
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We all enjoyed our stay at Inn St. Gemme. Everything was very clean and charming. Service was great, the room was lovely and quiet. There are old photographs on the walls and antique furniture makes it feel old-fashioned. We got to go downstairs in the basement to enjoy dessert. Only disappointment was nobody else wanted to play cards. (blame my family, not the staff)

Room Tip: I found Grandma's attic very cozy. I slept like a log.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank AOD356
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Since this is the very first post I have ever done of any kind I will try to keep it as short as possible. Let me stay the staff here showed great hospitality, were friendly, and aimed to please. The room that we stayed in was very very old and worn out, definitely needing updating. I dont doubt they try to clean it the best they can but it is a lost cause.
The main purpose of this post is to warn you of the food with was unedible!! We tried supper here first only to leave it on the table after the first bite. I would have much preferred a freezer burnt tv dinner. We ended going to a local place called the anvil and the food was great!!

If you are only there to stay and have breakfast....skip the breakfast!! I tried their signature french toast and it was another one bite and done!! Not edible! Four courses included half of a canned peach and a rock hard piece of cake that i did not touch!!
Do not come here with high expectations and find food elsewhere. There are several great places in the area with the best of both worlds for the same money or less!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank WELOVE2GO0509
Reviewed October 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed three nights in Grandma's Attic. The room was very comfortable, clean and the fresh flowers were an extra special touch. You have your choice of entrees for breakfast. My husband and I tried a different one each morning and they were all very delicious and filling. Jon, Cathy, and Janet made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. We ate at the Inn Restaurant Friday and Saturday nights and the food was wonderful. This is only our second B & B experience and it was a wonderful weekend. We hope to return to St. Genevieve and the Inn St. Gemme Beauvais

Room Tip: If you don't mind the stairs, the rooms on the third floor are very secluded and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ted1951
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My sisters and I have visited this Inn many times but this is my first time to review. On this trip we stayed at a B & B in St Louis that was more costly, but far less accommodating with non of
the special touches. The rooms at St Gemme are beautifully decorated in antiques and very comfortable and pleasing. From the delicious multi course breakfast to the tea time and wine and cheese happy hour (all included) there is nothing lacking.
The Inn keepers are friendly, helpful and accommodating but never over bearing. My daughter is vegan and they go out of their way to make her breakfast just as special as ours.
I can't say enough about this Inn and look froward to many more visits.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank memphis129
Reviewed October 9, 2011

This is the best B&B I have ever stayed in. The innkeepers are friendly,helpful and very willing to go above and beyond to help you. The rooms are very comfortable and relaxing. Everything is exceptionally clean. The rooms have fresh flowers in precious little vases that just makes you feel at home. The breakfast is to die for. There are so many choices and all of them excellent, it is hard to choose. So we have to keep coming back. We enjoy sitting in the garden with our wine and cheese and letting the world roll by. There is nothing not to like.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Betsy H

Been to Inn St Gemme Beauvais? Share your experiences!