“Fabulous House, Artful Hosts.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sainte Genevieve
Main Street Inn B&B
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We were on a road trip between St. Louis and Rolla to collect our child from summer camp. We loved Main St Inn because it clearly was loved by its owner who have beautifully turned this architectural stunner into a warm and inviting respite. there are a few B&B's in this little town and we looked them all over because we have a passion for and lots of experience staying in them - and this was clearly the stand out. Karen is also an artist and has a charming gallery & studio that is the corner of the building that houses the inn. Her art is lovely. So is her cooking - the absolute BEST apple turnover I ever ate! She and Ken sat leisurely with us over a glass of wine as other guests arrived and we found them to be wonderful conversationalists & guides. This is truly the fine B&B experience one hopes to find. Oh! The inn is for sale too, so if you ever thought of having one, they have done it all right and its a bargain price for a turnkey business!

Room Tip: There is a lovely ground level garden suite with a huge whirlpool tub & fireplace if you don;t c...
1  Thank bnbkeeper

Reviewed July 28, 2011

The inn is very neat and well kept. The room was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious, made with fresh ingredients. I would recommend this B & B!

1  Thank days612
Reviewed July 19, 2011

The Main Street Inn B&B, just like the rest of Ste. Genevieve is full of history.

This B&B is a restored hotel, built in the 1890's. The rooms are spacious, and each has a private bathroom. We stayed in the LaRose room, which was tastefully decorated to period. In addition to a comfy bed, there is a nice sitting area where you can read or enjoy a cold drink.

Some nice amenities: a refrigerator/freezer for guests, wine in the afternoon, free wi-fi, and a selection of games and reading material.

On the down-side: This B&B is close to a railroad track, which might be a problem if you are a light sleeper. Also, due to the age of the building and creaky floors, I could hear the people upstairs walking around at night.

Coffee was available around 6:30. Breakfast, served at 9:00, was delicious and adequate in portion size.

Overall, we had an excellent experience here and would not hesitate to stay at Main Street Inn B&B if we are ever in Ste. Genevieve again.

1  Thank abizeemom
Reviewed November 12, 2010

My husband and I booked the Rendezvous Room at the Main Street Inn for our wedding night based on reviews from another review site. It was the best B&B stay we've ever had!

If you stay here and want a romantic time, definitely book this room. It's like a suite - large and very private. More private than any other B&B room I've ever been in. It's the only room in the wing and shares no walls with other rooms. You walk in and there is a queen sized bed, sitting area, gas fireplace, and a large 2 person jacuzzi tub. They even provide little electric powered candles around the tub! They offer you wine or drinks in the evening and have games, a fridge, and several parlors for your use. Everything is clean and nicely decorated.

The owner was very nice in booking the room and accommodated my dietary preferences (vegetarian) for the breakfast, which was very fancy. It was a custard with baked apples and cranberries. Yum!

Nestled in downtown Ste. Genevieve, you can walk to a lot of shops & restaurants from here. It's a great location. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rubyiu
Reviewed April 6, 2010

My partner and I have visited Ste. Genevieve. MO many times over the years, but this time we decided to stay in a B&B in the heart of the Old Historic district. We settled on Main Street Inn. We were very happy we did!

Innkeepers Ken & Karen made us feel most welcome with their gracious demeanor. They immediately took us in, ushering us on a tour of the Inn. It was evident early on to see how much love and commitment they have invested and restored into the 19th Century hotel; how much detail and design talent went into the space since they purchased it in 1991. You instantly walk into the 19th Century with all the beautiful furniture and fine accoutrements. Each piece is lovingly placed - wonderfully accentuating each room with an aura of days long gone. You immediately throw off the stress of the big city.

Breakfast was simple and elegant; each morning we were served a delicious entrée with sides that was obviously prepared by someone who is familiar with taste and presentation. I was so impressed how Karen did not take insult when I declared that I do not eat breakfast (I know, I know!! Why a B&B then??) She simply gave me smaller portions - something that I truly appreciated.

Our room (La Rose) was Period-sparse; all adornment was Period, and just the right amount of décor made our resting periods all the more enjoyable. The bed was the most comfortable we have had in the many B&Bs we have visited. It was fun to assuage just who might have stayed in the room 100 years ago! History permeates each room of the Inn; one can almost hear the comings and goings of those long ago.

A very nice touch is the Wine/Coffee Hour at the end of the afternoon. It allowed you to sit and talk with the Innkeepers, who, as it turns out, are wonderful conversationalists!

Should you ever pass through Ste. Genevieve, MO., do yourself a favor and spend some time at The Main Street Inn. I guarantee you will leave feeling far better than when you first arrived!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank operahound
Reviewed February 11, 2010

Sorry about the lady with the cat problem but if I had that problem I would have asked. My wife and I will be returning to this B&B for our third time now. We have satyed at each of the B&Bs in sainte genieve mo and this is by far the best in every way. We also have stayed in several other B&Bs in other states and have found this B&B to rank with those that we have spent twice the price. Great Breakfast and very comfortable rooms!! I can't say enough good things about it.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I've stayed in a number of B & Bs over the years in various states across the US and this is by far the most perfect B & B if you are like me and prefer the more formal old-fashioned B & Bs to the more casual/beachhouse style ones. The house is gorgeous, the location can't be beat (you can walk to anything in the town from here), the decor is fit for a magazine article, and the staff is friendly without intruding into your personal space. Everything was cleaned and organized to perfection. Breakfast was excellent too. You do need to climb up a lot of stairs so this wouldn't be a good place for people who have mobility issues.

• Stayed: April 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sainte Genevieve
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sainte Genevieve
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 3 in Sainte Genevieve
#1 of 3 in Perryville
Days Inn Perryville
Days Inn Perryville
#3 of 3 in Perryville

Been to Main Street Inn B&B? Share your experiences!