“Wonderful”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Selmer, Tennessee
“Wonderful”
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I stayed here one night waiting to pick up my son from Ft. Leonard Wood. The staff was efficient, friendly and extremely helpful. One staff member handed out "support the troops" guardian angels which I appreciated being a military wife and mother. The room was neat, clean and up to date. There was a strange odor in the room at first but that was corrected as soon as I contacted the front desk. Breakfast was very good and the beds incredibly comfortable. The guest laundry service came in very handy. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Denver, CO
Reviewed March 15, 2010

I just had to write to say that the staff and the maid service were A+ in my book. At breakfast, the woman who took care of the area, was friendly and helpful. The front desk always asked how my day was. The maid service on the 4th floor during the week when I was there was impecable. I even saw her on her hands and knees cleaning the bathroom floor. You could tell she took such pride in her work. the beds were soft and the pillows were the best I have slept on in a long time. The pool and hottub were clean. Overall I would rate this hotel as excellent.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Seminole, Florida
Reviewed January 31, 2010

We stayed at the Comfort Inn St Robert for my sons graduation from Army basic training at Fort Leonard Wood. I can't say enough about the friendly and helpful staff they have at this hotel. Everyone made my family feel so welcome. The breakfast is fresh and there are plenty of choices. The lady that serves the breakfast is delightful. We had a no smoking room with two queen beds. Plenty of room for myself, my wife and 2 kids. There is also an indoor swimming pool, hot tub and gym. There is not a lot in the area apart from the base and a few restaurants but anyone looking for a hotel near Fort Leonard Wood this is a great choice and just a few minutes drive the the base.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
iowa
Reviewed September 1, 2009

My wife, daughter, and I, stayed at the Comfort Inn for our sons Basic Training graduation on August 27th. We arrived early and were allowed to check in early. The front desk staff were warm and friendly, they treated us like we were family members. When we learned that our son would receive a weekend pass, we asked that he receive a room next to ours, which he got. Throughout our stay (which was four days) we were treated like family members.
In most motels the beds are too hard and the pillows are too soft, this was not the case at the Comfort Inn. The beds and pillows were very comfortable, which made it very easy to sleep (normally I don't sleep very well at motels).
The swimming pool and exercise room are open 24 hours, so if your an early bird like I am you have something to do in the early morning hours while everyone else is sleeping.
They do have a continental breakfast which was pretty good. I really liked the biscuits and gravy. It would be nice if they served scrambled eggs and bacon, but it was still pretty good.
The morning our son was graduating we received little pins (angels) from one of the ladies working at the motel, this was a nice gesture, and we really appreciated them!
We will be staying at the Comfort Inn again when our son graduates from his AIT (554th. Engineering Battalion, Hotel Company Hell raisers).

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ev700
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I was looking for a hotel which offered FREE wi fi & breakfast/coffee, that was clean and close to Ft Leonardwood. They offer a military discount but your soldier would have to be with you at checkin in order to get that rate, but they do give AAA discount.

On graduation morning we went down for breakfast where you make your own waffle, they had biscuits & gravy, assorted cereal, some fruit, toast etc...which was good. While were were eating one of the ladies who works there offered us cute angel pins, she gives them out to the soldiers families for graduations, that was very sweet.

The service at the hotel was very nice. I was worried about the noise level with a bunch of soldiers having over night passes but they were not loud. Only someone had let their kids run back and forth to the vending machine down the hall at 0700, which was super annoying...but hey we were awake anyway. But still who does that?

There is an indoor pool/spa which we did not use but it looked clean. They also have a computer in the lobby if you didn't bring one but the rooms have free wi fi. There is not a restaurant in the hotel but there are several right within walking distance. I rated the restaurants we went to on Yelp.com because we found some tasty treats!

My only complaint about the hotel was the TV. I did not complain to them as we did not watch much of it, but it was very poor & fuzzy...I could not read the news at all when it scrolled across the bottom, and yes, I did try to adjust it. It was just a very cheap TV.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Carolina PR
Reviewed March 13, 2008

Great hotel. Good price, friendly staff, close to restaurants and stores, good complimentary breakfast, clean rooms. Definitively, will stay here again. Recommended for families with kids.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Juneau, AK
Reviewed September 5, 2007

Like most other folks, we were there for our son's graduation from boot camp. They were so geared to that it was amazing. The delicious buffet opens early enough to get there before the ceremony. The hotel is right next to a shopping center and restaurants. The room was large and clean. The best part? Fresh cookies in the afternoon!! No wait! The other best part was the buffet attendant, Claire, who made little beaded red, white and blue angel pins for the mother/wives of the soldiers!

Stayed August 2007