“Staff treat guest like family!”

Comfort Inn St. Robert/Fort Leonard Wood
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for our sons graduation from basic training at Ft Leonard Wood. We had been on the road all day, exhausted, so we inquired about upgrading to a room with a whirlpool. One was available and Charity upgraded with no additional charge.

Claire, who serves breakfast, hand makes all these patriotic mementos that she gives to family members of soldiers who stay there. And when I came to tears, she gave me a
hug, too!

I just can't say enough. They truly treated us like family!

• Stayed: January 2013
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn St. Robert/Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. We are happy you could be a part of our family while watching your soldier graduate. We hope to see you again if you are traveling to our area. Once again congratulations to your soldier.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our family stayed at the Comfort Inn, Saint Robert, MO during the week of December 13, 2012 for a Fort Leonard Wood Graduation. We had two rooms. Both rooms where clean and comfortable. The staff was exceptional. I had issues with the original reservation but contacted the manager Charity and she was able to work it all out. What a pleasure to work with her and when we arrived at the hotel I thanked her for being so helpful. She even sent me a thank you note for being kind and understanding, which means she cares about each guest. Also Clair - who is the hostess at breakfast was so kind and cares so much about each guests. She made the family military pins and ornaments and gave them out to all the families. What a charm. I have stayed at many many hotels and this one has been by far the best. Not sure if we will travel again to MO - but if so - there is no doubt where I will be staying and that is the Comfort Inn, Saint Robert MO. Thanks for such a nice stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn St. Robert/Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

It was a pleasure having you stay with us. I am happy our staff was able to make your visit to MO memorable. We would love to have you stay with us again if you are in the area.

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Only reason location is low it's not the hotels fault. It's the town other than that they made my stay here outstanding I felt at home my whole time here. Thank you very much! The customer service was second to none staff made feel welcomed everyday

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed here, like most, for a military graduation. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and everything in the room worked just like it should. We didn't use the pool, but it looked clean and inviting. The breakfast area was a little small, but it was still good. I was very pleased with my stay and the value of the hotel. It was a little hard to figure out exactly how to get in and out of the hotel parking lot, but once you found it then no trouble. You couldn't ask for a better location to Ft. Leonard Wood.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn St. Robert/Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for the kind comments. Congratulations to your soldier.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Just returned from picking my son up from his AIT training at Fort Leonard Wood and wanted to write this before life got busy. What a wonderful staff! Clean and comfortable room. Everyone was very nice and helpful. However Claire in the breakfast room was outstanding!!!! She had pins and ornaments for everyone. She made us military families feel extra special. I had a chance to talk to her she has been there 13 years and LOVES her job! Claire truly goes above and beyond and should be recognized as such.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Congratulations to your soldier and I hope you had a wonderful visit. Clair doesn't like to point it out but she has been nationally recognized by Choice hotels for the angel pins she makes and her customer service. I will share your comments with her and I hope you come back to see us if you are ever in the area again.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed there while visiting a friend on the military base for graduation. The front desk staff was wonderful. My room was nice and also very clean. The entire staff was wonderful.My only thing is that the next morning when I went to check out there was a lady at the front desk stuffing money from under the counter into her pockets and then when she saw me approaching she quickly walked away and someone else greeted me. Other than that I would recommended this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn St. Robert/Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

First I want to thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I hope you had a great visit with your friend at Ft Leonard Wood. I am concerned about what you saw the morning you checked out and would like to talk with you about it. Could you please contact me at your earliest convenience at 573-336-3553.

~Charity Osborn

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three nights so we could attend our son's graduation from army basic training at Fort Leonard Wood. They had an excellent rate. As the time approached for our stay, we had to change the reservation by one day. I used the Choice hotel website. When i made the adjustment, the price jumped substantially. I phoned Choice hotels, but they told me that they could not change it back to the lower rate. So, i called the hotel and they adjusted it back to the original, good rate. The staff was extremely helpful. Joann at the front desk was very service-oriented. The lady who cooks the breaksfast was very sweet. She made little patriotic ribbons for the families who had sons/daughters graduating from basic training. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful, workout room very nice and the pool/hot tub area inviting. My only criticism is that we had trouble with the internet connection a couple times.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family