“Great Experience”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
El Paso, Texas
“Great Experience”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I arrived late in the area and decided to see whether Fairfield Inn had a room free at a reasonable rate. From the minute we walked in, the front desk staff was as pleasant and friendly as one could ever imagine! We were able to get a very clean and comfortable room at a very good rate. A hot breakfast in the morning was a good change to the traditional "continental" breakfasts one usually must endure. Even the staff at the dining area was cheery and friendly. Check-out was a breeze, and even though it was a bit early, again, the front desk staff was friendly, pleasant and swift. Bottom line, I would absolutely recommend staying at the Fairfield Inn in St. Roberts, MO if you are ever in the area; we will!

Room Tip: We received a room on the ground floor; no complaints what so ever.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Fort Leonard Wood St. Robert, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Scott, Thank you for the nice review on Trip Advisor. we are very happy that you and your family had a wonderful stay!! I am going to share this with all of our team members, and it will put a smile on everyone's faces!! Please if you are driving on Interstate 44, or Route 66, come stay with us again we would enjoy having you here, and thank you for your response!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Saint Robert, Missouri
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My family and I have really enjoyed the Fairfield Inn at St. Robert, Missouri. The Associates are very nice and hospitable. The breakfast options were fresh and filling. There was setting my entire family could enjoy. As a plus, the vending machines were reasonably priced. You could buy without feeling ripped off. Thank You!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank FalconEagle123
Dear Falcon Eagle, Thank you for the great review on Trip Adviser, and let me be the first one to tell you how much my staff and I appreciate that you took the time to do so!! We are always happy when we know guests had a great stay with us, it confirms to us that my staff and I are doing whats right, and that we enjoy customer service, if you are traveling this way again please stay with!! Again thank you
Cornish, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My son graduated from Fort Leonard Wood and we stayed here for Family Day and Graduation. The staff was so friendly and courteous. The hotel was as clean as could be. I wrote to Marriott and told them that all Fairfield's should be like this. You would be surprised that the hotel is as good as it was. I found out when I was there the person that owns the Fairfield owns most of the hotels in town.I wonder if they all are the same. Good Job!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank nhscooper
Thank you for the nice review on Trip Adviser, we really appreciate the great comments,and our staff will be fully notified about your wonderful stay, again Thank you, and if your traveling through this area please stay with us again!!
Central Coast, California
Reviewed October 15, 2013

when i got to the hotel, i found that Expedia had not followed through. Thomas helped me fix the bad reservation and deal with my tiredness with great friendliness. his efficiency in the face of my frustrations - even dealing directly with Expedia himself for me - helped me get my bill settled with the hotel as well as Expedia. it really set the tone for a great reunion with my daughter - a big trip for my budget. the hotel went on to be clean with GREAT breakfast and coffee to greet me every morning while my son got to sleep in. the morning help kept up the quality service, and we had a very memorable reunion including great local tourist sites.

thank you Fairfield Marriott and Thomas!!

Room Tip: close to Ft.Leonard Wood - i bet there aren't any bad accommodations here with easy access to yo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Beth H
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Fort Leonard Wood St. Robert, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Beth, Thank you for the wonderful review on Tripadvisor, it is always so refreshing to know that a guest had a wonderful stay!! We are so thrilled that you took the time to express your thoughts, it really provide's us with good information that shows us how well were doing, and what we need to improve on!! Again than you so very much, if you are traveling through this area again please give us a call , and let us know what we could assist you with!!
california
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for our sons grad at ft Leonard wood three nights free brkfst with made to order waffles indoor pool and spa (tho small) complimentary cookies and lemonade in the evening :)
Would stay here again

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank chilanga67
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Fort Leonard Wood St. Robert, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Chilanga 67 Thank you for your wonderful review on trip advisor, it really makes us happy when we know that a guest had a great stay!! If there is anything that we could do for you or your family in the future please let us know !!
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this town because we needed to be close to Ft. Leonard Wood. The hotel was fine, we won't be staying again. The sheets were stained and paper and candy were left in the room by someone else. The front desk wasn't very friendly. The room was a great value and the comfort was okay. Breakfast was fine, standard free fare. We typically stay at Marriott products because they have great rates for military and we appreciate their attitude towards service members. This won't be one we'll stay at again - it was just okay.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear llaugh2434 Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor, and let me be the first to offer my apologies!! We take seriously every review we receive, and we have taken adequate measures to assure that this will not happen again!! Again thank you so much for your response!!
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Well - when I checked in I asked if a King bedded room was available (I had booked two queens). After I did someone behind the counter (not the person helping me) said the Federal Government rate that I had booked was reserved for those on orders only. They did say they’d let me stay “this time”. Well - I went on line once in my room and checked the Government rate restrictions for the hotel and there was no mention that this rate was only for those on orders. I call this bad form. I don’t mind if the hotel chooses to limit the rate in this way but they need to make this fact visible when you are making reservations. Shortly after we arrived cookies were put out and these were very tasty. There was also some fruit punch available. The elevator door was noisy - it sounded like wind blowing into a dark alley every time it opened and closed - very erie. The room we were assigned to was roomy enough and well enough appointed but it is in need of some renovation. The sofa was showing dirt stains and the fabric on the seats was beginning to roll and wrinkle. I am also concerned about sound insulation between floors because we were on the top floor but I could hear my husbands footfalls. I told him to not walk around much to not bother those below us!!
Breakfast was OK - there was no hot oatmeal which is something advertised on the wall of the hotel elevator and there were eggs but they were the liquid pre-bagged egg stuff. They did have a choice of bold and regular coffee which was welcome. One final note - when I went to breakfast I overheard the front desk clerk ask a woman in the lobby what room she was staying in and if she had received a “good rate”. She said that she had and the clerk said “we always want to offer good bereavement rates”. I was very impressed with what I heard and that almost counteracted the rate issue I had when I checked in the night before...almost but not quite.

Room Tip: I'd go for the top floor if available as I don't think the floors are well soundproofed.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear A Going Gal I am so glad that you took the time to write a review. Every thing you said in your response is well received, and really worthwhile information. I do apologize for the misunderstanding on government rate. We are bound by guidelines from the US Government. Thank you for your kind words, and we wish you well!!