“Good stay”

Fairfield Inn Fort Leonard Wood St. Robert
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This was a usual Fairfield Inn. Simple, but nice. The front desk was very ehlpful and friendly. The breakfast was good and the room was very clean.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Fort Leonard Wood St. Robert, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We appreciate your stay!

Reviewed December 30, 2011

If you book at this location, be assured that you will rate it 'tops'. From the room to the staff to the breakfast, there was nothing lacking - the best in EVERY way!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank supersatisfied
Reviewed December 19, 2011

This is a great location to Fort Leonard Wood Missouri for visiting family of Army service members. We went to visit at Thanksgiving, and spent 4 nights there. The room was comfortable, clean, and quiet. The staff were all very professional, helpful and friendly. Really enjoyed having an indoor heated pool and jacuzzi when it was a bit cold and dreary outside (so did our grand kids!). The breakfast (included) were good. It is within walking distance of a Ruby Tuesday's and a local diner that is awesome. Lot's of other food choices close by. Super Walmart just a minute down the service road is good to know!
My son in career, so we have done this before, and this was a very good hotel to stay at, and it would be the hotel I would choose if I were to go back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank floracauna
Reviewed November 18, 2011

The staff at the Fairfield Inn were great and made me feel welcomed the minute I arrived. They went above and beyond and assiting me with anything and answering any questions I had. The breakfast was great. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DJL48
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Older location but in a good location. Vast selection of food avaiable and most in walking distance. Desk staff have been there quite awhile and are great.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Wow! We originally had booked a room at super 8 down the street, and after earwigs, a broken tv, and filth we decided we HAD to move. Coming to this hotel was a pleasure, from the moment I walked in I had to much assistance. My husband was in class and I had to move everything with my 8 month old by myself. The woman at the front helped my load my bags, and get them to our room and brought us a crib. We checked in at 10am and since our room was not ready they gave us a bigger room that was ready at no extra cost! Every single employee at this hotel is SO kind hearted, it is incredible. They all raved about our baby and were always so willing to go out of their way to help. I am actually sad to leave. While we were here we actually met all the crew f the show, Extremem Makeover Home Edition. I am so glad we stayed here, all the employees here deserve a raise or bonus!!! Rooms were clean and food was good, I loved the all day drink bar that was offered ♥

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2011

BEDBUGS!!!!!!!! but before I get into that let me tell you the rest of the story. About 1 week before my trip, i called the hotel to reserve a room. being a Marriott rewards member and always being treated quite by the Marriott hotels i've stayed at in the past, i did not think this would be a problem. it was. after a week in st. robert, i was finally able to move into the Marriott. it was a saturday. i asked for 3 nights because i did not know how long i would be there (more on this later).

so i move into the room, and everything seemed fine. then i woke up at about 2:30 and noticed a bug on the pillow beside me. after the instictve flick it away, it hit me that i better start looking. i turned over my pillow and saw 2 more. i went to the front desk and told the lady working there. her first words were "we don't have BEDBUGS here".after about 5 minutes of arguing i asked if she would like to come look at them. she said no. i cannot blame her for this, i wouldn't go into a strange man's room at 230 am either. still not believing me, she told me i could not get a new room and it would have to wait until the morning. i went to my room to try to catch one of the NASTY CREATURES to prove it to her, and then she finally came to my room and offered to move me after seeing the BEDBUG infestation on my bed. it doesn't end here.

the next day, i left the hotel for a few hours and when i returned, one of the house keeping girls was in my room. she was very polite. i asked her if she was told about room 230. she said no. now i would think that if anyone should be aware of a BEDBUG problem, it would be housekeeping, for many obvoius reasons.

then i asked the front desk about a local laundry mat. the lady there told me to go to another nearby hotel and use thiers, and that she did not know of any laundomats. this just did not feel right, moral or legal. i eventaully found a nearby laundromat. and the problems continued.

on monday morning i asked if i could extend my stay for the rest of the week, i was told there was nothing available. So i proceded to check out and seen i was charged full price for my stay, to include the BEDBUG night. maybe i should've told them about the MOLD problem in the bathtub.

So, in conclusion, and while i am typing this in between scratching the annoying BEDBUG bites on 80% of my body, i ask that if you need to book a room in st. robert, mo, please try the candlewood suites first. i doUbt anything has been done or will be done in the near future to fix at least the BEDBUG problem. and be sure to check out Sweetwater BBQ, and Aussie Jack's for really good food and service.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank John B
TrevorGarcille, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Fort Leonard Wood St. Robert, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Mr. John B,

I want to sincerely apologize for this unfortunate incident. I would also like to thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. This issue has been a growing threat within the Hotel industry and this is the first time our Hotel has had to deal with this industry problem. The room you were in was isolated and completely treated by our licensed vendor and the threat was completely eliminated immediately. As a precaution, all surrounding rooms where inspected and received preventative treatment. We take all customer issues very serious and constantly strive to provide the best service and best amenities to every single guest. Thank you again.