“Lost My Service for Good :(” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Saint Robert
Saint Robert
“Lost My Service for Good :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed at this Holiday Inn and tend to lean towards all Holiday Inns-yet, this one didn't make my list nor will I ever return to it again. Initially when I booked I accidentally booked a Government Rate (and yes I am a veteran and a federal employee, but was NOT on orders) so I knew I shouldn't get the government rate. Three days before my stay I caught this-I called this actual front desk and was transferred to their call center for booking. The gentleman I dealt with was great! He explained that I did book the correct rate and even called the front desk of this establishment and confirmed that bc I was a veteran and a federal employee that I would pay that rate. He even said he would put in a note to let them know I tried to fix this and that they would comp me that rate. Well three days later I go to check in and got the nastiest service I have ever got from a front desk-front desk female told me I needed to be on orders, which I explained that I tried to fix that, and then proceeded to treat me like an idiot and wanted to make me pay the top dollar "rack" rate. Once we cleared that all up I could tell I had annoyed her-then to top it all off my brother in law(active military and NOT on orders) came in an hour after me and got the government rate and never questioned. Yet when he asked to have his room near mine or at least on the same floor she gave him a look when she didn't think he was looking and he called her out on it. She quickly threw coupons and a cut on their room-later after hearing his story I realized I wasn't alone in being treated like this. I travel a lot with the government and am just turned off by ever staying at a Holiday Inn-I get people have bad days but I don't get being treated like I was a liar-poor service-

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank TrinaGwyn
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. We know you have a choice of hotels when visiting the area and truly appreciate you being our guest.

We are sorry to hear about your frustration and decision to not stay with us, again. Reviews such as yours are not taken lightly and we thoroughly investigated the situation.

As you initially stated, the per diem rate is for Active service members on orders who have a military I.D. They must bring their orders with them upon check- in; in which a copy is made and then placed in their file. This is reiterated to every service member inquiring about the military per diem rate over the phone and again, in person.

Unfortuantely the confusion came into play when you spoke to the gentleman at the IHG call center. This individual does not work at our property, but a corporate office out of state. The mistakenly quoted you the incorrect rate and although that was not our fault, we do apologize.
We contacted corporate asking to implement the necessary changes it takes for proper consistency. We are truly sorry for any confusion.

We do hope you'll give us another try in the future and sincerely hope to see you again.

The Staff & Management of Holiday Inn Express

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Russellville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I stayed Thursday the 31st in order to visit my Marines MOS graduation on base. This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel. Everything is wonderful! I arrived shortly after check in time. The young lady at the front desk was wonderful. Everything about my stay was perfect. My room was huge and the bed was so comfortable. Everything about this hotel is perfect. It's clean, the breakfast is good, the staff is friendly and helpful. I love this place!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Amy S
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo.

We value all of our guests. We are very honored to have veterans, service members, or family of active duty members stay at our property.

We are very pleased your stay with us was an enjoyable experience.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

New Lenox, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful hotel with lovely decor and very clean and comfortable rooms. Catherine at check in was so helpful. They have an enjoyable heated pool that my family loved.

We stayed here on out way to Branson. We were going to drive straight home on our way back, but we decided to stay here again since we enjoyed our stay so much.

I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying with us our your way to Branson. We are very flattered you chose to
stay at our property because you like it so much!

We hope that next time you're traveling through the St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood area, you'll stay with us again.

Jamestown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stopped here after driving over 14 hrs. It was late and we had no reservation. However, the staff treated us as were VIP's. Kayla went above and beyond to make sure we had a handicap room that met our needs. Check in was a breeze. The whole staff went out their way to see that we had anything we needed. The hotel was exceptional clean and comfortable. The breakfast food was good and there was a nice variety of items to choose from. We will definitely use this Holiday Inn Express when we are in this area again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your recent stay and review of the Holiday Inn Express in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo.

Reading your review put a smile on our face; it reiterates to us that we are doing our job correctly. Nothing pleases us more than a happy customer!

We hope to see you again.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

First and foremost, the furniture, design, materials, lighting, and accent pieces mirror my home’s interior, so I felt at home immediately.
Check in was so nice Tonia made it a breeze and ensured to let us know that they were here 24/7 for anything we needed. Catherine, also the front desk, made sure to greet us every time we walked in the door!
The room is phenomenal! Clean, well-appointed, and MODERN with a vintage undertone. Am I gushing? The bathroom – is just like home! LOVE the BIG walk-in shower.
Everyone I ran into in the hall have all greeted me and were very pleasant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your recent stay and review of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo.

We are thrilled to read you appreciated the interior design of our property; reminding you of your own home is the ultimate compliment! We are proud our staff delivered a professional and friendly experience as well, to make your stay even more enjoyable.

Please visit us again in the future when traveling through our area. We truly hope to see you again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This was a great choice for our stopover driving from AZ to MI. Beautiful, clean room and very comfy bed. Good breakfast and friendly staff. Front desk gave a great recommendation for the Z Loft Restaurant on the property right behind the Holiday Inn Express. We had been in the car for 7 hours and were happy to walk to the restaurant!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your recent stay and for your review of the Holiday Inn Express in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo.

We are always pleased to hear when our guests enjoyed themselves and leave a happy customer. Also, we are glad you enjoyed the meal at Z Bar & Grill.

We hope to see you again in the near future or whenever you are traveling in the area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Everything about our stay here was wonderful. Very friendly staff and great hot breakfast. Clean hotel and clean rooms. I will use this hotel again. Very good experience. The pool was clean and the kids loved it. The hot tub was great! My Marine sure enjoyed relaxing in it. We had a great stay and look forward to staying here again.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank GregandAmy S
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your recent review and stay at the Holiday Inn Express in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo.

We cater to many service members visiting the Ft. Leonard Wood area. We are thrilled "your Marine" enjoyed our whirpool and salt water pool. By the look of your photo, it seems fun was had by all.

We hope to see you again when visiting the area. Thank you again for your review.