WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood

Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Saint Robert
Manhattan, Kansas, United States
“Charged for Not Staying”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Several weeks ago I made a reservation at this location in order to attend my brother-in-law's AIT graduation at Ft. Leonard Wood. Things changed shortly after I made the reservation and needed to add another night; they said they didn't have vacancy, so I made my reservation with the Quality Inn directly next door and cancelled my reservation with the Holiday Inn.

Just recently I was charged $138 because I was a "no show" in their system after I had cancelled my reservation several weeks ago through the corporate offices. After much back and forth with the manager at this location I was told that there was nothing that could be done because I didn't have a confirmation number to my cancellation, even though I stayed that weekend directly next door at the Quality Inn. Now tell me, why would I not cancel my reservation at the Holiday Inn and then stay at the Quality Inn right next to them?

I, for one, will never stay at a Holiday Inn ever again, nor will I recommend it to my friends and relatives; at this location or any other. A simple trip across the the street to verify that I stayed at the Quality Inn would have proven my point, and because some idiot in their corporate office didn't click some button in the computer system to finalize my cancellation, I was charged for not staying and no refund is being given. In my eyes, that's robbery.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Tony S
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Sir/Ma'am:

Immediately upon this complaint, we conducted a thorough investigation into this matter. The reservation system both at our property and at Guest Services did not have any record of a cancellation in their system. Any time a reservation is opened, by guest services or any other member, it leaves an electronic note that a phone call has indeed been made in regards to their reservation. Neither records indicated a phone call had indeed been made. Per hotel policy, the guest is automatically checked in at 6:00 pm on the day of their scheduled reservation. Upon making a reservation, each guest is informed of the hotel cancellation/no show policy verbally, before they are given their reservation confirmation number. If the guest does not call to cancel prior to 6:00 pm, the are automatically checked in by the system and their card is authorized. This is standard corporate policy and procedure.

We had no previous knowledge of the intent to cancel, since nothing had been documented or showed that indeed, a cancellation call had been made by the guest. For this reason alone, hotel policy stands that a no show fee is warranted.

We hope this better clarifies the matter at hand and reiterates the need for a cancellation/confirmation number whenever a guest may choose to cancel a reservation.

Kind Regards,
The Management of Holiday Inn Express

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times now and felt it was time to add my two cents. Don't be too assuming -it's a Holiday Inn- but one of the best I've stayed at. I'll drive a bit further than usual to make it here. Always clean, always friendly and accommodating. Standard Holiday Inn hot breakfast. The 'suite' does not have a living room area, so be aware of that if traveling with a group. They are however quite spacious with a larger than average mini fridge. The indoor salt water pool is a nice alternative for those with chlorine sensitivities. Easy interstate on/off with great chain restaurant choices.

Note: if you have a discount (ex: corporate partnership) that rate cannot be applied at the front desk. The reservation must be made through the reservation line. I forgot that this time and had to make my reservation on the phone with the 800 number while in the lobby of the actual hotel.

In case a rep from the hotel reads this: Mackenzie (sp?) has been working the last two times I've stayed, and is always very courteous and helpful. A great representation of your facility and the Holiday Inn brand!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. We were thrilled to receive your review and so very pleased to hear your stay(s) with us are always enjoyable, friendly and accomodating. We do our best to make sure each and every guest leaves a satisfied customer. Once again, thank you for "driving that extra mile" to stay with us. That in and of itself, speaks volumes! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again, in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Holiday inns are most always good this one excels in spades, we were greated with a huge smile and helped immensely by Mackenzie the receptionist her smile and helpful manner made staying at this clean well presented hotel a pleasure, the room, king non smoking was spacious, well appointed and modern, fridge, micro wave and great bathroom, make it your stay soon.. I am sure like us you will be pleased, thanks holiday inn for a great visit....

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We wanted to thank you for the very nice review. You made our day, week, month and year! We hope to see you again in the near future.
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Wow, has Holiday Inn stepped up? This was one of the nicest hotels I've been to in the states. I traveled to Missouri for my nephews graduation from Fort Leonard Wood and let me tell you I was pleasantly surprised how beautiful this hotel was. My room had a marble entrance way, modern tile bathroom with granite vanity, extremely clean and comfortable beds. The Hotel has a nice indoor pool with large hot tub, laundry room, modern fitness room and free full breakfast everyday. Employees were excellent especially McKenzie and Christy who made sure everything was perfect. Without a doubt, this is the best hotel if you are in St. Robert for a Fort Leonard Wood event, only 10 minutes away from the base gate.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first level, it was close to everything including the laundry room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The entire staff at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. were very pleased to read your review. Nothing makes us happier than a satisfied customer. We pride ourselves on quality service, friendliness and cleanliness. Thank you again for all the positive comments and for staying with us when visiting the area. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Raleigh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Let me preface this review by saying that I'm a Hampton Inn girl all the way. However, the Hampton Inn and all nearby hotels were booked for the week I was in town for business and this Holiday Inn Express was the only hotel with availability-although NOT at the government rate I needed.

THE GOOD: This hotel is close to what you need in St. Robert/ Fort Leonard Wood. Not much isn't however. It's fairly new and that is evident...most everything shows extremely minimal wear and tear. The furnishings all look fairly modern. Breakfast is served each morning and is your standard typical fare of eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt, muffins, etc. My room had a very nice mini fridge. Most of the staff is extremely nice and friendly. The bed was extremely comfortable, and my room was kept fairly clean throughout my stay (with one exception noted below).

THE BAD: The doors to the rooms tend to slam shut when entering or exiting. Not so much a problem at 1 pm...but it sure was a problem at 3 am. Not so much the fault of Holiday Inn as it was nearby inconsiderate guests. Lighting in the lobby area was bad. Not conducive to working/reading, or even eating really (which is an issue when your breakfast is served in that area). My shower had two soap holders in it, but everything rolled off of them so I had to keep all my shower toiletries on the stall floor. No microwave in the room. In the week I was there I don't believe my sheets were changed once. Not a huge deal for me, but for more than $100 a night I should have gotten a fresh change at least once.

THE UGLY: My huge main gripe about my stay here was the fact that my AC unit was loud. Not the standard "hotel room AC unit loud", but more like "knocking, vibrating, clicking, clanking LOUD. I complained about it my first night and was told it was fixed, but all they manged to do was stop the immediate clanking. It was still very noisy and it woke me up numerous times each night. At first I thought I was being overly sensitive to the noise, but when I realized I wasn't, I tried to complain again and was told "it's already been fixed". I also knew the hotel was at max capacity so my complaint wasn't going to get anywhere.

In short this hotel isn't bad by any means, but I don't believe it's worth the standard price. I didn't make use of the pool so I'll decline to comment on that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Christine T
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for the your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo.

We want you to know that we would of gladly provided you with a microwave for your room, if you had asked. We offer them for our guests upon request and will bring one to your room, if you desire. Also, if there is a "do not disturb" sign hanging on the outside of your door, housekeeping is not allowed to enter your room. We value your privacy and will gladly return to the room at a later time, if you call for service. At any time you may ask the front desk to connect you with housekeeping and request new linens, towels, soap, etc. and a member of our staff will deliver the item to your room.

We are sorry to hear you did not have the opportunity to take advantage of our indoor salt water pool and whirlpool. As you may of noticed, we also have a state of the art fitness center for your enjoyment.

We were very pleased to hear our staff was friendly and your room was clean. We pride our hotel on friendliness, cleanliness and customer service.

We hope to see again and want to thank you for staying witth us, we appreciate your business.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

The room was not cleaned well. It was dusty. The bathroom floor was filthy and the base of the toilet was covered in urine drops. Had it not been so late and had we not driven so long, I would have fled immediately. I found what I think was a small roach in the bed.
Breakfast was cardboard eggs and coffee flavored hot water.
I have traveled a lot and found this one of the worst experiences of a hotel room, especially at that price!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joan M
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Upon receiving your review, we immediately investigated the accusations. No complaints were registered with the front desk or management; however, we sincerely regret your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We pride our hotel on friendliness, cleanliness and customer service. In fact, our property was recently acknowledged onTripadvisor with the 2012 Quality Excellence Award and nationally with Holiday Inn Express.

We hope to see you in the future and will promise to do all we can to make your next stay with us a pleasant experience. Please know that we appreciate your business and that you chose our property for your stay.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Clean. Comfortable. Modern. Courteous Staff. Well located near eateries and major attractions in the area. Reasonably priced.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends