Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
Boston
“WOW”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Wow, has Holiday Inn stepped up? This was one of the nicest hotels I've been to in the states. I traveled to Missouri for my nephews graduation from Fort Leonard Wood and let me tell you I was pleasantly surprised how beautiful this hotel was. My room had a marble entrance way, modern tile bathroom with granite vanity, extremely clean and comfortable beds. The Hotel has a nice indoor pool with large hot tub, laundry room, modern fitness room and free full breakfast everyday. Employees were excellent especially McKenzie and Christy who made sure everything was perfect. Without a doubt, this is the best hotel if you are in St. Robert for a Fort Leonard Wood event, only 10 minutes away from the base gate.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first level, it was close to everything including the laundry room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
The entire staff at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. were very pleased to read your review. Nothing makes us happier than a satisfied customer. We pride ourselves on quality service, friendliness and cleanliness. Thank you again for all the positive comments and for staying with us when visiting the area. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Raleigh
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Let me preface this review by saying that I'm a Hampton Inn girl all the way. However, the Hampton Inn and all nearby hotels were booked for the week I was in town for business and this Holiday Inn Express was the only hotel with availability-although NOT at the government rate I needed.

THE GOOD: This hotel is close to what you need in St. Robert/ Fort Leonard Wood. Not much isn't however. It's fairly new and that is evident...most everything shows extremely minimal wear and tear. The furnishings all look fairly modern. Breakfast is served each morning and is your standard typical fare of eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt, muffins, etc. My room had a very nice mini fridge. Most of the staff is extremely nice and friendly. The bed was extremely comfortable, and my room was kept fairly clean throughout my stay (with one exception noted below).

THE BAD: The doors to the rooms tend to slam shut when entering or exiting. Not so much a problem at 1 pm...but it sure was a problem at 3 am. Not so much the fault of Holiday Inn as it was nearby inconsiderate guests. Lighting in the lobby area was bad. Not conducive to working/reading, or even eating really (which is an issue when your breakfast is served in that area). My shower had two soap holders in it, but everything rolled off of them so I had to keep all my shower toiletries on the stall floor. No microwave in the room. In the week I was there I don't believe my sheets were changed once. Not a huge deal for me, but for more than $100 a night I should have gotten a fresh change at least once.

THE UGLY: My huge main gripe about my stay here was the fact that my AC unit was loud. Not the standard "hotel room AC unit loud", but more like "knocking, vibrating, clicking, clanking LOUD. I complained about it my first night and was told it was fixed, but all they manged to do was stop the immediate clanking. It was still very noisy and it woke me up numerous times each night. At first I thought I was being overly sensitive to the noise, but when I realized I wasn't, I tried to complain again and was told "it's already been fixed". I also knew the hotel was at max capacity so my complaint wasn't going to get anywhere.

In short this hotel isn't bad by any means, but I don't believe it's worth the standard price. I didn't make use of the pool so I'll decline to comment on that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Christine T
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for the your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo.

We want you to know that we would of gladly provided you with a microwave for your room, if you had asked. We offer them for our guests upon request and will bring one to your room, if you desire. Also, if there is a "do not disturb" sign hanging on the outside of your door, housekeeping is not allowed to enter your room. We value your privacy and will gladly return to the room at a later time, if you call for service. At any time you may ask the front desk to connect you with housekeeping and request new linens, towels, soap, etc. and a member of our staff will deliver the item to your room.

We are sorry to hear you did not have the opportunity to take advantage of our indoor salt water pool and whirlpool. As you may of noticed, we also have a state of the art fitness center for your enjoyment.

We were very pleased to hear our staff was friendly and your room was clean. We pride our hotel on friendliness, cleanliness and customer service.

We hope to see again and want to thank you for staying witth us, we appreciate your business.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The room was not cleaned well. It was dusty. The bathroom floor was filthy and the base of the toilet was covered in urine drops. Had it not been so late and had we not driven so long, I would have fled immediately. I found what I think was a small roach in the bed.
Breakfast was cardboard eggs and coffee flavored hot water.
I have traveled a lot and found this one of the worst experiences of a hotel room, especially at that price!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joan M
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Upon receiving your review, we immediately investigated the accusations. No complaints were registered with the front desk or management; however, we sincerely regret your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We pride our hotel on friendliness, cleanliness and customer service. In fact, our property was recently acknowledged onTripadvisor with the 2012 Quality Excellence Award and nationally with Holiday Inn Express.

We hope to see you in the future and will promise to do all we can to make your next stay with us a pleasant experience. Please know that we appreciate your business and that you chose our property for your stay.
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Clean. Comfortable. Modern. Courteous Staff. Well located near eateries and major attractions in the area. Reasonably priced.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Lima, Ohio
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Overall very nice, very friendly staff, great room! Personally prefer to stay at $100 per night, but worth the little extra. Would stay again!

• Stayed June 2012
NY
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Stayed here on business. Very modern, clean, friendly staff. I thought the rooms were a little small and the desk in the room was very small and would be difficult to do much business paperwork on. Internet or business center was good. Pool and Spa along with fitness room were nice and well equiped.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. We are sorry you felt your room was smaller than you prefer. We would of gladly upgraded you to a larger room or suite, if you so inquired. Please feel free to view our King size rooms and Suites on our website. We hope that one of these rooms will be accomodating and fit your needs. Thank you again for choosing our property when visiting the area. We hope to see you in the near future.
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stay in St. Robert quite often however this was the first time at this place. It was very clean and quite. The staff was also helpful.

The room was pricy and while standing in line everyone seemed to get a different rates yet were all government rates.

Room Tip: Ask at least three times for the lowest rate.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
We are glad you found our hotel to be a quality establishment. We take pride in our staff and want each guest to know how special and appreciated they are to us. It seems there was a misunderstanding and incorrect interpretation when overhearing conversations that took place with guests when checking into or out of the hotel. We offer different government rates (and rates in general) based on the room type, allocations, the amount of days stayed and the time of year. Our manager would of been happy to further explain this to you if you inquired. We hope that this clarification better explains this situation and puts your mind at rest. We appreciate you choosing the Holiday Inn Express in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. and hope to see you again in the future.