“Nice place, small rooms”

Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Stayed here on business. Very modern, clean, friendly staff. I thought the rooms were a little small and the desk in the room was very small and would be difficult to do much business paperwork on. Internet or business center was good. Pool and Spa along with fitness room were nice and well equiped.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. We are sorry you felt your room was smaller than you prefer. We would of gladly upgraded you to a larger room or suite, if you so inquired. Please feel free to view our King size rooms and Suites on our website. We hope that one of these rooms will be accomodating and fit your needs. Thank you again for choosing our property when visiting the area. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stay in St. Robert quite often however this was the first time at this place. It was very clean and quite. The staff was also helpful.

The room was pricy and while standing in line everyone seemed to get a different rates yet were all government rates.

Room Tip: Ask at least three times for the lowest rate.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

We are glad you found our hotel to be a quality establishment. We take pride in our staff and want each guest to know how special and appreciated they are to us. It seems there was a misunderstanding and incorrect interpretation when overhearing conversations that took place with guests when checking into or out of the hotel. We offer different government rates (and rates in general) based on the room type, allocations, the amount of days stayed and the time of year. Our manager would of been happy to further explain this to you if you inquired. We hope that this clarification better explains this situation and puts your mind at rest. We appreciate you choosing the Holiday Inn Express in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I was staying at this hotel because I had plans to attend an Army ball. When I arrived, the front desk agent was very pleasant and check-in was quick and easy. Later, I needed some help zipping my dress and Christy came to my aid. She was great and even took some pictures for me. I decided to stay another night and went to the front desk the next morning to make arrangements, there was a slight mix-up with my credit card but the Tali and the manager were immediately able to resolve the matter and put my mind at ease that the issue had been taken care of. The hotel is very modern and the rooms are quite comfortable although my room did not have a tub only shower. Because of the incredible staff, I will definitely stay at this hotel again! Thanks, guys!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed one night while visiting Fort Leonard Wood. My room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Nice pool and exercise facility. Good quality, free wireless Internet. Everything I would expect from a hotel in this price range. I will certainly stay here again if I come back to the area.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Team10
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saint Robert-Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

We are very pleased your experience with us was favorable. Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

We arrived to a helpful staff and quickly checked in. We reached our room to find it a nice, comfortable size with two beds and a fabulous bath.
Pluses - Indoor pool, and hot tub; close to many eateries and other businesses; really close to FLW (my son's graduation from boot camp!)
This is at exit 161; we plan to go to exit 127 (passed on our way in) to check out some shopping at what appears to be an Outlet Mall and other stores.
Negatives - haven't found one.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This a a newer hotel right outside the main gate of Ft. Leonard Wood. It has very nice rooms with modern decor. My room had a fridge. Lots of eateries nearby. They do go up in price on certain days do to graduation from training on post. But hey, that's capitalism.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We were going to Fort Leonard Wood to visit our son and wanted a hotel close to the base. This hotel is new, about 18 months, and is very nice. The staff is great, rooms are clean, pool, hot tub & exercise room were all in perfect condition. I arrived much earlier than expected and was still able to check in early. The manager said that because they are so close to the base and see many military families, they are flexible with the check-in and check-out times. So glad I booked this hotel. The only problem, and it has nothing to do with the hotel, but there is NOTHING to do in that immediate area. We had to drive back up to St. Louis for entertainment. Even decent restaurants in nearby towns weren't open all weekend

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family