“Great Staff, Affordable rates, Clean Atmosphere”
Review of Liberty Lodge

Liberty Lodge
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed at the Liberty Lodge on an extended visit to Ft. Leonard Wood. I found the staff of Liberty Lodge to be very friendly and accommodating. They often have bar-b-ques and ice cream socials when large groups arrive and keep the rooms very clean. Although they do not have a Continental breakfast, they do have a canteen store where you can purchase soft drinks, snacks and other needed personal items. If you are looking for an affordable place to stay, with good staff and central location (to Ft. Leonard Wood) the Liberty Lodge is a great place to consider.

Room Tip: Ask for the kitchenette room. They have 2-3 of them and will offer them if available.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank That G
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at Liberty Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

I'm glad you made it home safely. It was wonderful having the opportunity to have you stay with us. I hope you will stop in if you are ever in the area again. You became part of our family here and we miss you. Best of luck with your college courses and future endeavors. Please stay in touch.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Everyone on staff always acted friendly and you will find this location right of the interstate only 5 minutes from Fort Leonard Wood. They have a free washer and dryer to use but you will never get to use it because of the huge line of others waiting in front of you. I got on the waiting list around 5PM and then got a call aournd midnight from the front desk that my turn had come. I woke up and told them no thanks and quickly hung up. The place books up from all the Fort Leonard Wood students getting contracted leaving hardly any rooms. I wonder about the reviews making this place sound so nice. I have a list reasons to include that management really could fix so I did not bother bringing anything to their attention. I would spend a few extra bucks a night and go somewhere really nice like the Hampton Inn a mile away. See my nice review of the Hampton Inn.Supposedly, the same people own it. The do not have plug in internet, only Wi-fi. This causes a problem for many people connecting to the internet with work computers related to government work. When I checked in the room, I found trash on the floor and pocket change so I have a hard time believing that anyone cleaned the room. On one of the days, no one cleaned my room and I had to ask them to do so the next day. The walls had nicks all over and different shades of paint where someone painted over spots so the walls multi-colored with splotches. The room smelled musty, kind like really dirty socks and it never went away even after a few days. I encountered a roach one day but the condition of the room made me wonder why I did not see more bugs. The vent in the bathroom needed cleaning and had thick dust. They did have nice Sealy or Serta mattresses which seemed old and mine had stains on it. The room had a long sink with a counter that you could see when you walked in the room, designed like something from decades ago because it had a huge hole in it where a tissue box would go but no tissues. In other words, the sink counter had a hole about a foot long in it. All the furniture looked busted up with stains and scratches. They had a computer in the lobby but it did not work all the time and ran quite slowly but they did have a printer complimentary. They offer free coffee and some people got a free coupon for the gas station next door for a coffee and breakfast sandwich. The rooms opened up into the parking lot like a 1970's motel and you could hear and see every car and truck going down the interstate. I opened my door and looked out my window directly into the KFC dumpster and the interstate. Tight parking and not enough spaces. They did have a small dumpster for recycling offering a green alternative, though. I do not see a reason to say more other than summarize.
Friendly staff, cramp, smelly, needs repaired, nowhere close to other lodging in the area. I did notice that the management responded to trip advisor posts and that does say something positive. My room had too much wrong with it for them to fix for my duration there. I did not have a choice for a couple of nights but then went somewhere better.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else for just a couple of dollars more.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cakesman
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry we weren't what you were looking for in accommodations. Like any other hotel, we are not always the right "fit" for every guest. We have many, including others in your group, that enjoy the ways we might be different from the typical cookie cutter hotel. I appreciate that you travel extensively and we weren't able to meet your expectations. I am sincerely glad you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay at another hotel in the area. We would have been happy to help if it was needed. We enjoy open communication with many of our guests and it is our #1 goal to serve our guests. We appreciate those, like yourself, who take the time to share their experiences. They tell us what we are doing right and what our opportunities are. We are proud of our hotel, our staff, and our guests. Thank you again for your time and your service to our country as a soldier. Safe travels where ever you go.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I had pre-registered, so when i got there, it took only a matter of minutes for the friendly, smiling desk clerk, Whitney, to have me booked in and hand me the keys. I was provided with whatever i needed, and my 2 day stay was very enjoyable. I will stay there again when i go back to the area. Thanks to the staff at Liberty Lodge!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I just want to thank the good folks at the liberty lodge. They we out of their way to provide us with what ever we needed and a great price

Thanks to all of you at the liberty lodge!

• Stayed: June 2012
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at Liberty Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

We are so glad your visit was enjoyable. We all know how difficult travel away from home can be and we do our best to make this your extended home while you are away. We appreciate your time and wish only the best for your family. Please stay again if your travels bring you this way. We hope you have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

We were pcs to Ft Wood and arrived late night to St Robert area. We needed a place to stay that allowed a small pet and all the other hotels were either too expensive or unavailable. Luckily they had one night at this hotel and we were greeted with such pleasant smiles (after 8 hours drive, its great!) The rooms were clean and spacious, no cigarettes smell in rooms, and the shower had a good water pressure :)
The people who works in this hotel are the friendliest people I've ever met and helpful. They have a community meal every week, free of course, and it was just because they wanted to serve dinner to everyone. Home cooked food after traveling is double bonus. They also had a washer and dryer that you can use for free. Free coffee and close to restaurants.
They do not have gyms, pools and other amenities but a comfy bed, free wifi, fridge, microwave, cable, and friendly, professional staff is more important for us. I was sad to leave after a week. DEFINITELY will recommend to travelers passing by :)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I was hesitant at first to stay at this hotel since it's not a place i have heard of before. I was supposed to check in Thursday at 3 but we actually arrived at 4 that morning. They worked with me and was able to get us checked in early and accommodate us. They were the nicest and most helpful staff i have encountered anywhere. They allowed us a late check out since we were rushing to get to my brothers military graduation and they didn't even think twice about it. They even offered to take a family picture of us all dressed up and ready to go to his graduation and they put it in the office in their digital picture frame. They even gave me little toys to help keep the kids busy. It's really the little things that mean the most. Most awesome staff and clean hotel. We couldn't have asked for more. Perfect

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank darcym28
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at Liberty Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

I would like to thank you for visiting us. It was such a pleasure to spend time with you and your family. It warms our hearts to know that your stay was memorable. You left a lasting impression on us also. A military graduation is a once in a lifetime event so we strive to make your limited time with your graduate perfect. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Reviewed February 22, 2012

As a Service Member I do a vast amount of traveling, and spend a lot, a lot, of hotel/motel time. My frequent travels often include Ft. Leonard Wood and it is simply a pleasure to stay at Liberty Lodge. The General Manager and staff have a genuine concern for their patrons, the down home feeling they reflect is refreshing and gives a sense of belonging that is not associated with the larger commercialized establishments. I have found the accomodations to be very clean, comfortable and well maintained. Note, to all Service Members, these folks have a way of making your stay, seem not so far from home, I highly recommend Liberty Lodge, and thank you so much.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business