“Terrible experience, do not the same mistake I did and book somewhere else.”

Days Inn ST. Robert Waynesville/Ft. Leonard Wood
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Freezing cold, the walks were not shovelled, and the door to our room did not seal well. The staff were not helpful, and the breakfast was pitiful. I wanted to cancel, but they offer specials and when you book they have a small notice that you cannot get a refund. This place is such a dump that we got a room at the Comfort Inn for about $30 more a night and cut our losses. The Comfort Inn is closer to the base and MUCH nicer.
Avoid this property!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MilitaryDad_11
There are newer reviews for Days Inn ST. Robert Waynesville/Ft. Leonard Wood

Reviewed November 8, 2010

I was in St. Roberts for my son's Army graduation with my parents. This place looks nice, but is NOT. Where do I start, the room smelled like "curry" Mid-Eastern food. The smell was so strong it was in the sheets, the room and the bathroom, everything smelled. You can hear everything going on in the next bedrooms. It was SOOO LOUD! Our nieghbors were in and out all night. Now, I know that can happen at any hotel, but the walls are so thin you could here thier conversation. Oh, lets not forget the roaches behind the furniture and crawling on the walls!!!! And to top it off, the toilet was over-flowing and I called for maintainence, and the front desk clerk brings a plunger and hands it to me for me to take of thier plumbing issue! She said " I can not help you, I have to get the breakfast bar ready" I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT! I HAVE NEVER STAYED AT A HOTEL THAT HAD ME PLUNGE THE TOILET MYSELF! I said thats it! I refuse to have my elderly parents stay here another night. For $40 extra dollars a night we stayed at the Holiday Inn which is closer to Fort Leonardwood and MUCH NICER! I couldn't believe I was at a Days Inn, I have been in sleezy hotels for half the price that were nicer than this place! DO NOT STAY HERE, YOU WILL REGRET IT!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank coolmom73
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Just stayed here Monday 9/14/09 enroute from Milwaukee to Fort Worth. Lovely hotel, right off the highway, just remodeled with brand new furniture and bedding. The fellows at the desk could not have been friendlier or more helpful, saving us from eating at a poor restaurant choice (not all billboards tell the truth). I'm told that St Robert being a military town the hotels often fill up on the weekends with service personnel on leave, and that they can get a bit rowdy and are known to drink a bit. However, these folks are intent on keeping the place looking great inside and out. They'll soon be replacing all the a/c units, etc. The rate we got with our loyalty card and/or senior discount was very reasonable, and well worth the money. I will definitely use this hotel again next trip through Missouri.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank flutemother
Reviewed August 2, 2008

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. My husband and I made same day reservations here and were never told of any cancellation policy. About an hour after making the reservations, we were forced to cancel due to car problems. At that point we were told that we had to give a 24 hour cancellation notice, and that we would be charged for the room.

The staff we spoke to was rude, and it didn't seem to bother them in the least that we were not told of a cancellation policy. Had we been aware, we would never have booked here.

Any hotel that does not allow for un-forseen circumstances, when reasonable attempts are made to make right, does not deserve my business. We travel frequently and have never come across a hotel that does not allow you to cancel prior to a certain time, same day (generally 6:00). However, the "manager" informed me that this was EVERY hotel policy.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iowatraveler617
Reviewed October 20, 2007

We were nicely surprised when we entered our room. The furnishing were new and the linens were fresh and modern. The bathrooms were just okay but the sink/vanity was in a separate area from the toilet and shower, which we prefer. The sink was small and had not been updated like the rest of the hotel but no major complaints there really. The staff at this hotel were exceptionally kind. This is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank curlygirl252
Reviewed September 22, 2006

I stayed at this hotel while visiting my son at Fort Leonard Wood. This hotel was very close to FLW. The rooms were Wonderful for the price they had microwave, coffee maker and small fridge in room. High speed internet access didn't work too well in rooms but they did work in lobby area. The hotel staff was very helpful, talkative and friendly...I'd stay here again anytime. I had a Great time. They have a nice restaurant and store within walking distance. Great value for the price.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Cleanerup