“Stay for Son's Graduation @ Ft. Leonard Wood” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 St Robert Ft Leonard Wood Area

and 1 more site!
Super 8 St Robert Ft Leonard Wood Area
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Morristown, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a total of 3 nites. March 7, 8, and the 9 , 2013. My daughters, husband and I traveled for almost 14 hours to get there to spend time with our son who was at Fort Leonard Wood. We were to have a day of "Family Day" with him and then his graduation from Basic. We arrived at the hotel around 10 pm. Our room was supposed to be ready (per April). I had called 2 hours before getting there to confirm room would be ready. We got there, I was not given a receipt (paid by credit card). I had never and I mean never ever not been given a receipt showing what my charges were. I was appalled. I also was not given the quoted price over the phone. It was almost $30 more. Well two things had upset me and I hadn't even made it to my room yet. I was given the key, and my family and I got our luggage and went to the room. The key didn't work. The door would not open. We grab cell call down to desk and wait and wait and wait some more for April to come. Her key didn't work. So she decided to proceed back down to desk to get us into another room and get key. Twenty minutes went by, a man came out of a room across the hall to go to vending. He snickered and said they had tried giving him that same room a few hours before and could not get it open. UGHHHH. Finally after 20 minutes of waiting, April arrives with key to another room. We go in, air conditioner on, but room was warm, very warm. UGHHH. I waited an hour and went and told her room was uncomfortably warm, she said turn it on fan. that was it. No concern shown on her part. I didnt sleep that night for sweating so much. The next morning I told a manager, again little concern...told keep it on fan. I was pissed by this time. Later that afternoon, the room was so uncomfortable- I went to desk again. An extremely pleasant lady PAM :) within a couple of minutes handed me a key to another room, came to make sure that ac was working and apologized that my concerns had not been addressed sooner. I also explained to her about the receipt, how I was bothered I had not been given anything showing my charges. She looked and gave me a printout to "make me feel better"and it did, and also saw I had been sure enough , overcharged. She adjusted the price to where it was supposed to have been to begin with. Pam made the rest of my stay very pleasant and was very friendly. Another mom who stayed there had also reserved her rooms with credit card, but decided to pay with cash when she got there. She paid with cash, assured her credit card would not be charged. It was the next morning and by the time she was ready to leave 2 days later, she still had not been reimbursed her cash. I was not the only family member very dissappointed in the customer service at this place. I have stayed at many Super 8's during my travels, and never never have I come across one like this and I hope I never do again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Cedar Rapids
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Super, we had a great time. The staff was excellent. Thanks to one of the ladies who gave us a army doll that you put a picture in for the kids. That was above the call of duty. Thanks to you....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family