“Great stay for an extended trip...”

MainStay Suites Saint Robert
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
College Station, Texas
“Great stay for an extended trip...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Very pleasant and helpful staff. Always willing to go the extra step to make the stay as enjoyable as possible. The hotel amenities were good and the room was clean with a good amount of space. I stayed here for approximately 3 months while on an assignment in the area and was pleased with this choice. I would recommend this location for stays of any length.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Belinda2116, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. This will help other guest traveling, and thank you for mentioning that we are an extended stay. Our hotel has the full kitchens for long term travelers like yourself. 3 months is a long time to be away from home. We are happy we could help make it seem not as long or at least your home away from home. Take care and as always safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed here from 10/29/13-10/31/31 while attending my husband's graduation from Basic Training at Fort Leonard Wood. I booked this hotel after reading all the positive reviews on numerous sites online. Prior to arriving at Mainstay on Tuesday, I spent Sunday night and Monday night at the Peabody Hotel in Memphis for business. While the two hotels are on different levels for a number of reasons (some of which are obvious), I do want to say the transition from the Peabody to mainstay was easy. The room (I got a king size suite) was clean and fairly spacious; and the bed was comfortable. The gym is nothing special, but I was able to get my workout in for the day via the treadmill. The Hotel is only a few miles from the base, and close to restaurants, some of which are within walking distance.

My in-laws also stayed at the hotel and they had nothing but positive things to say about their room and their stay. They brought my husband and I's dog (which is another reason why I picked this hotel), and she too enjoyed her stay at the hotel :-). Because this is a pet friendly hotel I was expecting the entire place to smell like dogs; however, I never smelled anything like that.

Finally, the hotel staff was very accommodating from the time a initially booked the hotel to the time I checked out. I had to make changes to my reservation a couple of times, and they were always easy to work with. I needed a late checkout on the day that I left and they gladly accommodated me. They also sent us off with some delicious banana bread that was made by one of the staff there. If we are every in St Robert for any reason, I will stay here again without question.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Belinda2116, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I also want to thank you for mentioning our hotel being pet friendly. Our housekeepers do a wonderful job deep cleaning rooms after a pet has stayed with us. We try to have cookies out from time to time and I end up making banana bread when bananas get to ripe to have out at breakfast. They both go well with our coffee, tea, and hot chocolate we have out 24/7. I'm so happy you enjoyed it. Thank you again for staying with us!
Braddyville, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed at Mainstay Suites and it was an overall great experience. The staff were courteous and very helpful. We had a king suite, and it was very clean and spacious. There was a balcony off our room. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to my family and friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Belinda2116, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this great review! We are so happy that you had a great experience staying with us. Please stop in and see us again if your in our area.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My sister's family and I stayed here for my nephew's graduation from Basic Training and had a wonderful experience.

I would highly recommend staying here, the rooms were very nice and very clean, the service was very good and everything is very convenient to the hotel from the gates of the post to a Wal-Mart and various restaurants.

The best part of the stay here though was Sophie and her staff. We learned so much from Sophie regarding where to go and what to do while we were there. She took her time to give us precise directions to the places we needed to be -- the friendliness of her and her staff was very refreshing and much appreciated!! They also helped me out with some emergency FAXing I needed to do at the last minute which seems like a small thing, but at the time was very much appreciated!!

I HIGHLY recommend staying here and will stay here anytime I am in this area without question!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Belinda2116, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about Sophie and our team. We are blessed with a great team and she leads that team. Sophie is on the military post almost daily and is very knowledgeable about our Fort Leonard Wood base. If your nephew or family find themselves back in our area, please come see us!
minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed for two nights in a 2 bedroom suite. Also booked a regular room because of the size of our party.The 2 BR had a large balcony, unfortunately it was not very warm that day so was only able to use when sun was in the right spot. Actually the standard room with two queens felt larger because of the open floor plan that lent to easier entertaining but obviously less private sleeping wise.The 2 BR had 2 large bathrooms as opposed to one. The breakfast area was small with oatmeal being the only hot choice. All areas were clean and staff friendly and helpful. Convenient location for shopping and dining. WIFI very slow despite strong signal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Belinda2116, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey for us! This helps other travelers when traveling to our area. We do have only 3 of those 2 bedroom suites that you had mentioned. They are great for larger families with 2 separate bedrooms with their own bathrooms and a shared kitchen area. I wish the weather would have been a little better for you. The balconies are very nice to sit out and enjoy a coffee/tea in the morning and relax before starting a new day. We would love to see you back if ever in our area. Again thank you and let us be your home away from home.
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

great suite hotel...attentive staff and nice outdoor pool.....very close to Ft leonard Wood. Marina at the front desk checked us in quickly and offered info about the area. We were attending our son's bct graduation and this hotel added to the success of the trip

Room Tip: rooms on the front have nice little balconys
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Belinda2116, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about or hotel and our staff. We will make sure Marina knows about your survey. you will make her day! We want everyone to feel at home while staying with us. Take care and safe travels. Please give us a call if your ever in our area.
Beaufort, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had to stay here for a 4 month training period. While the hotel is clean and the staff is definitely helpful and sweet, if you plan on coming here for business or require reliable internet, look elsewhere. Google starts timing out after about noon, and don't even embarrass Skype by trying. Xbox live says "you will never get this! you will never get this!" Borat style while you type in your alternate mac address, thinking..hoping. (BUT, random bonus of a GameStop in walking distance) They often had power outages that would reset my alarm clock and I came close to missing a flight more than once. I also frequently lost unsaved work on my laptop. The only thing that made this bearable was there's a Colton's very nearby and I could cry about all that DLC I couldn't have in a plate of onion straws. Non nerd and nerdlings should be just fine - it has most amenities for your day to day routine. Again, the staff was awesome and the hotel is modern and clean, just set your cell phone as an extra alarm, and be prepared to travel if you need bandwidth.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business