“A great place for both short & longer stays”

MainStay Suites Saint Robert
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've stayed here twice and have been pleased both times. I travel frequently, doing hotel reviews of high end hotels for a living, so when I travel for pleasure, as was the case this time, I'm very picky about hotels. MainStay is spotlessly clean, the rooms always smell good, you can easily control the temps (I've stayed summer and winter now), and the staff is exceptional. Even little details are done well, from clean floors and carpets to furniture dusted, lamp shades straight and everything functioning. As for the important things, the kitchens are nice, with full-size fridge, very comfiest beds, and spotless bathrooms. My only negatives, even knowing this is a budget hotel, is that the pillows really could be better and I wish they would ditch the outdated bedspreads for white duvet covers. Not only do they look better, but they are easy to remove the covers for washing and there's no way to conceal dirt or spots on the white covers. Other than that, this is a fabulous stay and, when you consider the price, an incredible value.

Room Tip: Odd-numbered rooms face the front of the building, but all rooms are quiet. Lower numbers are closer...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Friendly staff, clean rooms, nice decor and yummy breakfast. Will definitely stay there again! Price is reasonable as well. A+ service! Only complaint is survey requirements are a bit tedious. 200 characters is a bit of a stretch for requirement. Hotel staff great - headquarters / marketing is a bit needy. :)

• Stayed: December 2012
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We are an extended stay property that carries a Express Continental breakfast. I'm glad you where pleased with our breakfast. Please let us be your home away from home if you ever need lodging needs in the future. Happy Holidays

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have stayed at this facilty many times, and am always impresed with the hospitality demonstrated by all of the staff/management. I travel for business purposes, and management has alwas gone above and beyond to accomodate and facilitate my needs. Kudos to Belinda, Lela, & Anthony............you'all make my visits very pleasant!!!

Brad G.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your great comment. We try our best to be your home away from home when traveling. Happy Holidays be safe and please give us a call if you ever need lodging, or just stop in and say hello!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed for our sons military graduation and it was a great place! The front desk people were awesome - from the man that checked us in (sorry bad at names) to the very helpful blonde lady that helped us the next day to find fort leonard wood - they were really a great group of people and made our stay better -

We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was perfect and the restaurant Millers was within walking distance was a nice place to walk over for a great steak supper.

Would definitely stay again!!

Room Tip: Get the 2 bedroom suite if you need the room - we had 5 people and it fit perfectly
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you so much for your great comment. The 2 bedroom suite you had mentioned is a very popular room, more so during graduations and holidays. It's a plus to have 3- 32 inch flat screen televisions in your room. If you have kids they can take over a television just to play games. DVD players in every room help out as well with free movie rentals. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and please give us a call if you ever need lodging. Happy Hoildays

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I reserved a room at the Comfort Inn for my nephews graduation. Because of a maintenance problem we were relocated to Mainstays Suites. It is set up primarily for extended stays and I wish we could have stayed longer. Very nice suites. Small but enough for my husband and I. Very clean and very friendly place.

Room Tip: We had a first floor corner room and it was nice because we smoke. It was close to a nice little smo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

We are glad we where able to help out. We are a Choice Hotel property along with the Comfort Inn. Thank you so much for the kind words and next time please give us a call. We want you to feel like we are your home away from home.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were warmly greeted by staff- they were very helpful at check in. They welcomed our dog, telling us where the best areas were. Even petted our pup and remembered his name each time we came in. We couldn't have asked for better service, especially from Kacie!! We will definitely be staying there when we go back for a visit to the base. The room was spacious and clean- but their customer service is what keeps you coming back!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank USMCMama
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your great review. We are very pet friendly and love welcoming you and your pet. I thank you for mentioning that we are pet friendly. We keep pet treats at the desk. Most, if they stay very long know right where we keep them. We also have a nice walking area for them. Please stop in and see us if you are ever in our area, and again thank you for the great review.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband was on TDY (training for the military at Ft. Leonardwood) and our family was with him there. The staff, at the time we were there, was so friendly and very attentive! I was also 9 months pregnant at the time too~~ So they were really nice and helpful to me! ^^ They took real great care to make sure we were comfortable and happy with our room. They also were very nice and supportive to a poor, pregnant lady too ^^~~they remembered important dates and celebrated them with you! I really enjoyed my stay there, and with that being said, so did our new, little bundle at the time too. ^^

Room Tip: We had a room facing the front of the hotel with a balcony. It was good, not too noisy and pretty sp...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful survey. We are happy to hear from you. You are the proud owner of our 1st baby born while staying here. I know she is growing like a weed. Please make sure that we have a current address for you two-three, for Xmas cards. We would LOVE to see a new picture of that beautiful baby. Please say Hi to mom too!