“*My favorite Mexican restaurant!* Great Food & Great Servers!!!”

La Familia Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 69 Restaurants in Saint Robert
Cuisines: Mexican
“*My favorite Mexican restaurant!* Great Food & Great Servers!!!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I love La Familia I have been going there since they first opened in St. Robert. They have moved since the first opening but its not far at all. It is reasonably priced the food is great & I liked everything I have ever tried there. I like being able to get my own chips & salsa & pico de gallo instead if asking for it every time we run out & it gives the servers a breaks so they can better serve you. My husband always asks me where I want to go eat & my top 3 choices are La Familia, Red Lobster, or the Olive Garden. I highly recommend it but if you feel disappointed after trying it once give it a second chance before giving a bad review. El Jimador is great too but I don't like feeling crowded & it pretty much always is & its closer to Gliks & everything too so maybe that's part of the reason location. Overall what really matters is the food is great from both restaurants.

Roby
“I Love This Place”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I've eaten at La Familia since they opened, nearly every week. I'm disturbed by negative reviews I've read. I have consistently received excellent service, excellent food, & feel welcomed every visit as if I am part of 'the family'. Their exquisitely thin chips are made fresh daily as are their delicious salsas & pico de gallo. Hard to beat... a few reviewers say go to El Jimador... BAH! I couldn't bear the horrendous dining room noise two times I ate there. La Familia is my only choice for Tex-Mex cuisine, on the rocks margaritas, pleasant atmosphere & superior customer service. I've invited many different friends over the years. Each of my guests agreed it was great & those living within range continue to frequent La Familia. I extend my personal thanks to the owners, kitchen staff, & servers. They earned it.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Kevin P
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
“Go to El Jimador!”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

My husband and I have tried every Mexican restaurant in the area...this is by far the worst. We will not be back. The quality of the food was just not up to par with the other restaurants. We will not be back. The one plus side, however, was that our server was extremely nice. Go to El Jimador instead. It's the best in the area.

• Visited February 2012
Kettering, Ohio
“Maybe I went here instead”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good food, nice people, seemed family run (naturally).

Visited April 2012
Springfield, MO
“BEST IN THE AREA”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Reading the negative reviews it is obvious that the people who dislike the FOOD are more than likely from MISSOURI or a location where not many of the Mexican food restaurants are Authentic. As for service issuse, We all know that Good Customer Service is a dying art here in St Robert/Waynesville area. I have been here 8years and I am from TX so I KNOW MEXICAN FOOD. I was raised in a Hispanic Neighborhood, and LA FAMILIA Is the most authentic Mexican food I have eatin in this area unless I drive to St Louis or Springfield! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT, makes me feel like im back in TX.

• Visited March 2012